How to use h265 for video transmission

Hello,

according to your guideline, i am able to transmit video from my rapsberry camera to my windows laptop through gstreamer.
So in my laptop i give the command :
gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5600 caps=“application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264” ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=f

and on my raspberry the command:
pi@navio: ~ raspivid -n -w 1280 -h 720 -b 1000000 -fps 15 -t 0 -o - | gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink host=<remote_ip> port=5600

and i am able to transmit the video succesfully…
It looks like h264 encoding is being used … How can i use h265 encoding in order to improve the video transmission ?
I just tried to replace the 264 with 265 in the above commands but it doesnt work…

Could you please tell me how can i achieve this ?? Would the video transmission improve since less data need to be sent ??

Thanks a lot

Hi @drone_newbie,

Can you share with me the output of this command: gst-launch-1.0 -v fdsrc ! h265parse ! rtph265pay config-interval=10 pt=96 ! udpsink ?

We’ll try to reproduce the issue you faced, however, it may take a bit longer as we’re working remotely now and doesn’t have access to all the equipment, I’m afraid.

Raspberry 4 cannot encode H265. It is hardware limitation.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=243873

thanks for the info

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.