How to test motors with QGC and Navio 2

I have finally assembled my drone and I would like to test the motor’s spinning direction. My setup includes Navio2+RP3A+ with Racerstar Rev35 4 in 1 ESC. I don’t have any radio and I would like to test everything on my laptop. The only things I have connected between ESC and NAVIO2 are the 4 wires (one for each motor) and the ground (black) cable.

I don’t know if the motors are spinning in the right direction and I would like to check that. How can I do it using QGroundControl? Or maybe using another software … I work on Mac

Thanks!
Emanuel

No way to test motors with QGroundControl or APM Planner on Mac.

You have to rely on Mission Planner (W10 emulator) or borrow a PC somewhere if you cannot use RC system.

I do not encourage you to test fly your multicopter without RC. There are a lot of mandatory settings you can only do with a RC system. When all is working you can fly automatic with QGroundControl but you should be able to take control with your RC system in case of trouble.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.