How To Take Full Advantage Of Reach+Edison

I’m running the current reach rtk image and current reach view app. I am trying to integrate the reach into an arduino rover setup in order to get the rover to navigate to each waypoint. Currently I am hardcoding way points into the program sketch, however I would much rather be able to plan the waypoint mission through a map interface if it was not too complicated to do.
Since the mobility of my rover is running off of arduino unos linked together I am seriously lacking processing power. Simply trying to implement the haversine function to calculate distance to the next coordinate, current heading, and correction angle my program faced stability issues. I found a suggestion in this forum to use tinygps/plus which I have found and started to tinker with. I have solely utilized NMEA format thus far. So here’s my initial questions:
Is tinygps the most efficient and reliable source code to build from
Is NMEA a bad format to be seeking the correction information I seek?
Is there a way to program on the Edison board some of the processing I want without having to refresh the entire reach image?
One post mentioned earlier versions were better suited for working with serial output. Is this true?

Thanks for answering any of these questions, very much appreciated!
Cheers, Rusty

How did reach view come up with the directional velocity? That is the current info I’m trying to output to the arduino