How to retrieve elevation and azimuth from UBX using teqc?

Hi.

I am struggle with the retrieve .ele and .azi file from UBX file.
After converting the UBX file to RINEX, I run the teqc with commend (teqc +qc +plot ++rx_state rx_state fileName.o). But it is not working well with error message (teqc: cannot fseek back 1 byte from end of file ‘fileName’ … exiting). Do you know why I fail to retrieve .ele and .azi from observation file?
For achieve that, ts there any specific setting for RS2+?

Hello jeongho,

You could view and plot SVs elevation and azimuth from UBX messages using CELESTIAN service:

1 Like

HI @jeongho.public,

How’s it going? Are you finally able to retrieve the .ele and .azi files after running teqc? I tried it on one of our UBX files and converted it to RINEX 2.11. I ran teqc, and I got all the files afterward.

There are no special settings needed for it. How did you convert the UBX file to RINEX?

Thank you for your reply, @ruth.bongon and @sat.kernelsat!

I successfully retrieve .ele, .azi file by reduced the size of my RINEX file by using a 1-minute mean of the signal. However, I am trying to find another way to retrieve each satellite’s elevation, azimuth, and SNR without using teqc, as teqc only operates with RINEX 2.11, which does not support some GNSS satellites. My goal is to retrieve the all satellite’s elevation, azimuth, and SNR from all my measurements (UNX file). Do you have any ideas? Many thanks for your kind reply again. I look forward to your response.

Best,

Jeongho

Hi @jeongho.public,

Yes, it seems like Teqc won’t support RINEX 3. I found this discussion, and it mentioned an open-source tool written in Rust called rinex. Their goal is to be an alternative to Teqc.

Based on their documentation, it looks like they support RINEX 3. I haven’t personally tried it, but maybe it could help?