How to read the state RC out?

Hello everyone,
I recently have a Sony QX1 camera that I will use to take photos from ‘Mission planner or QGround control’.

This camera generates a Wi-Fi network to connect the application ‘PlayMemories Mobile’ your connection is by wifi to a mobile device, such as IOS, Android etc.

Looking to be able to fire it from my RPi3, I found ‘Pysony’, an API in Python to use the camera which I managed to shoot with this API.

Now I need to read the status of the pin that performs the camera firing using ‘Mission Planner’ to be able to make a program in python that reads the status of the pin and shoots the camera with the API
My question is, can I read the status of the pin to save it to a variable?

Hello, Gabriel!

Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. Did you manage to sort it out on your own?

If not, could you please answer a couple of questions:

• Why do you need to read this pin and then launch another Python script?
  • Have you seen this entry?
  • Could you please elaborate on the whole thing?

If I understood correctly you set camera trigger to drive your pin high and have a separate Python monitor script that will just check the the pin state (I suppose the better option would be to use poll() in here) and the fire up the API.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.