How to PPK 50-100 Survey Points using 2 Reach RS Units with no RTK correction?

I greatly sympathize. My years as a journeyman plumber didn’t do much to prepare me for this field. :slight_smile: I started as an absolute beginner as well and still feel like it many aspects. I am just starting to take on the post processing field seriously and I can relate to your feelings. I have made a few tutorials that are targeting absolute beginners for some other procedures, but in my mind there is room for many more. It’s so easy to get lost in the many posts each covering part of the procedure, all full of words that are strange and unfamiliar and each person has a slightly different approach.
However, I don’t see a great alternative to this and I have embraced the learning curve and have enjoyed it (when things are working)
What would be a good way for us users to help with documentation? Maybe we need a list of basic procedures you’d like covered in a tutorial.? Just five or ten minute highly illustrated and explained examples? Just an idea.
I have been working on something a little similar to what you were talking about, but not quite the same. I surveyed a piece of land and had my base station set up on site. Had a great fix the whole time. I logged a control point and then at home post processed that control point against CORS data. I then shifted all my points over together with my control point to get absolute accuracy. This was a rather painful process that had far to much guesswork for my liking. I’d like to see each step explained for guys like you and me that don’t know which coordinate system to choose or how to export a point out of a whole file of .pos data. etc. etc. I think next time it would only take me half a day instead of a day and a half, though :slight_smile:
Keep your chin up! You’ve come a long ways! I remember googling words like “rtk”, “gis”, nmea, all that stuff ,too .:slight_smile:
Please read the last sentence of this post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes