How to make drone (survey or other) business in MENA

For the above drone arms can be extended for using with 4008 motors and 17.5 inch propellers - without the need to change other components (battery, FC, ESCs, etc).

The central part is a module and arms are modular.

I believe this is the first in history extendable modular drone.

2 Likes

And this is the second model.
Draft name is “Spider drone”.

2 Likes

Assembly finished today.
The “Spider” drone (on the right) flied successfully and very stable.

The EDF drone (on the left) had static tests because the needed 10Ah 6S 30C will be available tomorrow and we had to use 12C battery which gives only 50% of the power.
After few tests it seems that one of ESCs got burned. I wonder if iFlight 4-in-1 60A was good choice for these motors - they take 58A max each.
Everything gets hot. And this 4-in-1 ESC does not have any heatsink.
Tomorrow will try spare ESC and see if it gets burned.

3 Likes

The interim outcome is that the drone on the right is commercially feasible, due to the following advantages comparing to normal F450 setup:

• Cheap frame
  • Very strong frame
  • Less components
  • Higher performance
  • Quick assembly
  • Repairable very easily
  • Strong and stable landing gear
  • Easier and quicker access to electronics
  • Modular
  • Expandable
  • Looks great
  • Easy to assemble
  • Quick disassemble - the motors are removed by loosening (not even fully unscrewing) only 1 screw - then it slides out easily.

Disadvantages:

• Slightly higher weight comparing to plastic F450
  • Needs more expensive motors (Sunnysky 2216) and larger battery (5500 4S) - also more expensive.

Generally it is a recommended design (with no PDB and 4-in-1 ESC) using 2020 aluminium profile - it has been optimized after several iterations - I will publish component list (Aliexpress) within few days.

Reg. the EDF drone - it still did not fly properly.
It seems there are 2 things:

1. It needs dual battery setup via ideal diode/2 battery PDB
  2. It needs thicker ESC battery wires.
    Current power train can’t handle 150-250A with 1 battery and 10 AWG main wire.
    However even considering that - it seems battery dies very fast.

But still no flighttime numbers? :smiley:

1 Like

What does this have to do with the use of Emlid products?

Didn’t measure yet. Will ask on the weekend.
It is not supposed to be great. Around 12-15 minutes.

You prefer a dead forum like the one on ardupilot discuss?
Cool.

Btw it’s a “getting started” section.

I guess it just seems should be in a MISC section or a Drone Forum maybe? Not knocking what you’re doing…it’s great… I was just wondering what it had to do with Emlid products.

1 Like

If it’s possible can moderators move it to Misc section?
Initially I was planning to use RTK equipment but so far did not reach to there.

I always get answers very quickly and very extensiv, very direct and very valuable in the Arducopter forum. I don’t think it is dead.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.