How to input negative values

Hello,

I am working in areas with negative Z values referenced to the ellipsoid. When I set up my base station I would like to input this negative value working in the Manual mode but cannot seem to input a negative value.

Please advise.

ReachView uses the native keyboard of the phone or tablet you are using. Maybe you can import another keyboard layout?

Hi Narendra,

May I ask you to test the another keyboard layout as Christian suggested? There should not be any issues in inputting negative values in the base position fields.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

How can I do this?

Thanks

This is the keyboard I have.

Hi, the only way I have tried is to use a note type app on your phone to type out the negative number like -98.786456 and then copy and paste it into the Reach app. You could also type it into an e-mail and copy and paste from there if you don’t have a note app on your phone. I haven’t tried installing a different keyboard, but the copy and paste method works for me.

Hi Narendra,

Some Android devices provide a default keyboard without a minus sign, and it seems your phone is one of them. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do from our side to fix this.

However, to resolve this issue, you can install another keyboard from Google Play instead of the default one, as was suggested above. As far as I know, Google keyboard should work fine, you can try it.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.