How do you correct picked up points once everything has been post processed

So I followed the instructions on how to post process the data, and it gets to the point where you can view everything. But now I’m not sure what I actually do to correct the points that I picked up.

When I was doing the survey, I very rarely got a ‘fix’, though I did have float the entire time. So I sat on every GCP for a 1 minute observation. Quite a bit of ‘movement’ even though the rover was using a bipod the entire time so it was perfectly still.

The base station was on a tripod and set to average a point with a 10 minute observation. I had strong link to the base the entire time. I was only about 300m away during the survey.

I also shot an ASCM marker as a check in and check out.

Here is the raw logs + what was post processed according to the guide (as best as I could figure).

Even though completely still, it’s a FLOAT measurement so it going to appear to have moved as it’s not a locked on FIX.

It’s all going to depend on many variables and settings for your situation on how good a FIX you get. You want to get FIX, not FLOAT.

Read up here, as there are many posts about getting a FIX.

That’s fine, I’ve normally been able to get a fix with the settings I was using since I followed those two links you put down.

That still doesn’t help how you correct the points after post processing. I mean that’s the whole point right? You can’t get a good fix at the time so you recalculate after the fact.

I think you have to elaborate on what you mean by “correct picked up points” ?
Do you mean how do you get your 1-minute obs points out of the raw-file ?

Yes. I want to take the shots that I have collected (GCP’s) and recalculate what I’ve done based on the post processing. Hopefully to increase the accuracy of the GCP’s.

If I was using Trimble, I would just use Trimble business center to redo the calculations. But I don’t know how to do it with Emlid’s setup.

“Easiest” way is via RTKplot, and setting start-stop times here. This will show you an average for that timespan.

Oof. That’s… doable I guess?

Yeah, doable is the best word here, 'cause the workflow really ain’t pretty :confused:

Though how do you see what the calculated distance is from the base? Ie if I post process the base, how do I input that to what the rover got?

You can input base coordinates, when you do PPK in RTKpost.
Baseline can be observed in RTKplot.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.