Help Needed with Purchasing Reach RS2

I don’t know about Canada, but we can pull free historical data from our DOT’s and NOAA…

In Canada (and Toronto) you can pull reference data from the Canadian Active Control System (CACS) from NRCan. Always a good option for free base data; however, many appear to be older GPS-only receivers so post-processing results may vary…

1 Like

MN sure has the right idea!

A free Emlid based Open RTK Network. I’ll put one on top of my house and another atop my office if you do!

California has some free networks but due to “cost” will start dropping users. Sad. Really provides a tremendous benefit to society to make more informed and effective decisions/solutions.

1 Like

Hi Matt:

Can I get RTK data from there? Or only PPP data the same as from CSRS-PPP ?

Thanks

Hi Hunter:

I have been thinking about putting a Reach RS2 base station at my location. What kind of range and accuracy can I expect from such a setup?

I have only ever used it for PPK, i dont believe there is any live streaming data-feed NTRIP option.

What baselines would you then operate with?

@TB_RTK and I have made tests with the RS2 with 640 km baselines (Denmark to Norway), and using PPK it was possible to get a fixed solution with 1digit centimeter accuracy compared to the known point.

2 Likes

Hi Christian.

I was told Reach RS2 has a range of 60 km?

That is the recommended, just like the RS+ has a recommended range of 10 km. Doesn’t mean it is a hard limit, or that results terrible beyond that baseline :wink:

Is there any way to determine the absolute accuracy at varying ranges?

As far astance guaranteed per a certain distance. IE 0.03’ @ 1000ft?, 0.05’ @ 3000ft and 0.10’@5,000ft. Those are our expectations for range.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all,

So many things can be now contributed to this discussion! Really want to give you a few updates here.

Now shooting ground control points with Reach RS2 is even easier than before. You can use our new ReachView 3 app that has an easy point collection in any required coordinate system, sounds notifications indicating a Fix solution, and so many more features to come. We’ve also created a Placing GCPs in RTK mode guide, both in text and video versions, to help you with it.

By the way, we also have PPP services overview, just so you can start using them without any difficulties.

2 Likes