[HELP!] Drone motors and Voltage range

Hi, I am a juvinile engineer, and I have no experience in engineering before.
My science fair partner and I ordered motors which require 11-13 Voltage because of 9-11 efficiency.
And here is my question: on Navio 2 Doc, it says all power sources should provide in 4.8-5.3 Voltage range, otherwise, It can damage Navio2 and RPI. But my motors need 11-13 voltage… What can I do?

1 Like

Hello,

Have a good read of the Navio2 documentation. https://docs.emlid.com/navio2/

You could learn that Navio2 is powered by a Power Module (5.3V), and motors are powered by the battery (3S Lipo for your use).

Marc

2 Likes

Do you mean it does not matter?

Power module is the link between the battery and the Navio2 and the ESC (Motors).

Navio2 plug provide 5.3V, ESC plug provide battery voltage to the motors.

Marc

1 Like

I am sorry. I still confuse.

Power module is the link between the battery and the Navio2 and the ESC (Motors) : Motors and ESCc do not have to provide in 4.8-5.3 range but the power module and servo rail do. right?

Andrew, just look at this picture: navio2-typical-quadcopter-setup . The power module is what connects the battery and the Esc’s. We already have the power module. It is the part that plugs into the power plug-on the Navio-2. You can look at the blueprint I made also.

Luke

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.