Height value

It is not allowing me to do a localization with the Emlid receivers. There is no way to measure the points.

Ok.

Maybe download the fully operational 30 point FieldGenius9 demo to your FC-500 and download the seperate GEOID files to get orthometric height. FG9 definitely let’s you localize among everything else also needed.
http://helpdesk.microsurvey.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/149#GPS

Sounds like Magnet just isn’t letting you do something that really is pretty standard for some ODD reason. Hopefully you eventually get it worked out. Maybe someone that uses Magnet can help.

The Emlid Reach RS receivers should just be setup to output NMEA via BT, serial, TCP to the Magnet software as pretty standard and Magnet just takes it from there.

I am sure you have already, but maybe search Youtube for:
Topcon magnet localize or localization

I already know how to do a localization with Magnet I just can’t get it to do it with the Reach receivers. The button to measure the control point is not selectable. I am hoping that by continuing to share on this forum that someone who had gotten the Reach receiver to work with Magnet will eventually swing by, but I will keep researching. GEOID height is one thing, but local elevations is what we are after and I’m pretty sure this is accomplishable. I just need to learn more about the Emlid configurations. It was my fault for not doing more research and realizing the amount of time I have for testing versus my workload. For now I am going to get FG9. Thanks for the direction.

understood
(sounds to me something isn’t quite right with the “brand” setup of the Reach RS and Magnet to communicate properly)(maybe use a generic NMEA setup? which I think you have to in Magnet? FG9 is supported as Reach RS, but you can use NMEA before they did implement that, and can even after
it’s just a standard generic NMEA driver)) hopefully a Magnet user jumps in with some success they have had. You’ve obviously got a wall your up against with this odd Magnet problem. Maybe contact Topcon also since it sounds more a Topcon magnet problem really
 because the Reach RS receivers work just fine with FG9 as hopefully you’ll see trying the fully functional demo of 30 points. Yes, it sucks to have to learn yet another piece of software, but once you get the hang of FG9 it’s not too bad.

1 Like

Hola, buenos días a todos

He leĂ­do este foro y he encontrado buenos aportes.

Yo tengo una pregunta un poco parecida, en mi caso conozco la coordenada de un punto y deseo colocar mi base en ese lugar para empezar la recolecciĂłn de mis GPC. El problema que yo tengo que mis coordenadas conocidas tienen el valor de la altura en ortometricas
 en mi caso quisiera saber como calcular la altura del geoide para sumar a la altura ortometrica y obtener la GPS altura elipsoidal, ya que EMLID Ășnicamente acepta esta altura para usar las correcciones y obtener datos precisos.

saludos y gracias de antemano

PD el modelo geoidal que usamos en Ecuador es EGM 96

Please translate your post to English as well.

1 Like

Hello good mornig for everyone

I have read this forum and I have found good contributions.

I have a question a bit similar, in my case I know the coordinate of a point and I want to place my base in that place to start collecting my GPC. The problem that I have that my known coordinates have the value of the height in ortometrics 
 in my case I would like to know how to calculate the height of the geoid to add to the ortometrical height and obtain the GPS ellipsoidal height, since EMLID only accepts this height for use the corrections and obtain accurate data.

Greetings and thanks in advance

PD the geoid model that we use in Ecuador is EGM 96

Message translated into Google

1 Like

I prefer this utility from NOAA - VDATUM. Does everything I need in one utility.

“VDatum is a free software tool being developed jointly by NOAA’s National Geodetic Survey (NGS), Office of Coast Survey (OCS), and Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services (CO-OPS). VDatum is designed to vertically transform geospatial data among a variety of tidal, orthometric and ellipsoidal vertical datums - allowing users to convert their data from different horizontal/vertical references into a common system and enabling the fusion of diverse geospatial data in desired reference levels.”

1 Like

I am trying to use vdatum to correct my elevations. I am using the online version: Online VDatum: Vertical Datums Transformation.

The Reach ellipsoid uses the WGS84 ellipsoid correct? So I am trying to convert to NAVD88. However, when using this site, there are a lot of WGS84 version that say to ‘use xxx’. Can someone help me figure out which WGS84 version to use?

I use ITRF08 for the WGS84 in that tool. You can convert between the different reference frames here too: HTDP computations

It’s worth running both programs with all the different iterations of WGS84 to see effects or differences between them. Try that and report back if values vary

Is your site that you are collecting truly on NAVD88 or is it some propagation used by ground survey? There is a difference between national control and state plane control and ellipsoid to geoid and ground surveyed elevations.