Ground Control Points (GCP)

This is Venkat, We Have Esurvey GNSS & Emlid Reach RS2, both machines run are different date’s on Same position and both as 3Hrs Running but the Output points value are miss matching can any on Explains this issue…

Your heights are significantly different. Did you use the same antenna height for both? I would assume different Antenna Reference Point (ARP) for each.

2 Likes

Hi Venkat,

Welcome to our community!

Could you please elaborate on how the coordinates were calculated and which solution status was obtained in each case (Fix, Float, or Single)? It will help me to understand the issue better.

2 Likes

Both is Single

If the solution that derived your positions are both Single, or even if just one is Single, you can’t compare them. Single means that you’ll see 2.5 meters or more uncertainty.

You have to collect points for GCP’s in RTK mode, or record raw-data for PPK instead.

2 Likes

They “BOTH” have to be FIXED to be anywhere near close… NOT FLOAT or SINGLE!

Your comparing apples to oranges… and bananas if you throw FLOAT in! ; )

1 Like

Hi Venkat,

As Christian noticed, if the coordinates are collected in Single, it may lead to a significant difference in the positions. The solution statuses correspond to position accuracy this way:

• Fix - centimeter-level accuracy

• Float - submeter-level accuracy

• Single - meters-level accuracy

I’d suggest collecting the point in Fix in RTK or PPK to see if you can get the same result with both receivers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.