Google Wifi Compatibility Issue

Am unable to connect Reach module to my Google WiFi network. I am able to connect to the Reach module via default hotspot and I am able to setup a cellphone hotspot and connect to the Reach module. Anyone have experience with Google WiFi? Perhaps it’s related to Google’s dual frequency 2.4/5.8 system? Any help or comment would be appreciated.

How is Google Wi-Fi different from a standard router? 5 GHz should not be an issue for Reach. What type of security is used in your network?

From their website:
Firewall

Google Wifi’s firewall creates a barrier between your Wi-Fi network and the Internet, protecting your data from unsolicited connections or connection attempts. It’s a stateful firewall, which keeps track of connections (TCP streams, UDP communication) traveling across it. Only data associated with a known active connection is allowed through the firewall.

Note: Settings like UPnP and port forwarding allow devices to bypass the firewall and have an open connection, leaving them potentially vulnerable.
WPA2 security

Google Wifi supports WPA2, which is the latest and most popular Wi-Fi encryption protocol. This makes sure that only people with the correct passphrase can join your wireless network.

Thank you for any assistance…court johnson

Thanks for the reply. And the quote :slight_smile:

This is pretty standard stuff though and should not be an issue for Reach. It seems like there might be some additional settings for protection inside your LAN, they might prevent accessing local devices inside the network.

What is the LED status after you perform the connection?

When I power on the Reach I get the hotspot white/green alternating LED. When I instruct the device to connect to Google Wifi the LED is alternating Green/ 3 quick blue/Green/3 quick blue. This goes on for about 20 seconds and the device reverts back to hotspot white/green alternating.

There aren’t any additional settings beyond the basic security. This particular issue has only happened with one other device…a Blink security camera gateway that would not connect. The Blink techs were never able to solve the problem. Don’t know how the “handshake” between the Wifi individual devices work, but I suspect that’s where the problem lies.

Court Johnson

This is the basic outline:

Green means the app is working, so you can ignore that. The other part is always the network status. White means it’s hotspot. Fast blinking blue means it’s scanning for networks to join. After a long timeout, it comes back to hotspot.

I have to ask this, sorry :slight_smile: . Are you sure you’ve entered the right credentials? Would you mind trying one more time?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.