Getting Started

hello, i have done with your pdf’s help, but i met with a problem.

these are the steps i do:
1:the steps before are successful, now my web page is on the http://192.168.42.1:5000/, and the wifi has been saved(wifi’s name is hitwifi)
2:i change my laptop’s wifi(one reach’s hotpot named reach:xx:xx) to my wifi hitwifi.
3. i open the web page and find the page said:Unable to access this website

i think it is reasonable, because my wifi didn’t connect to the reach’s hotspot, so the web(192.168.42.1:5000)is disconnect with the reach.
am i right? or the steps i do are right?
hope for your reply.
ps: this is so hard to use :frowning:

supengcc, thank you for trying this out.

I think your step 1 is the same as this in the REACH RS documentation (Introduction | Reach RS/RS+).

“Settings: Check version
Every time you power up Reach in a Wi-Fi network it will check for new ReachView update and notify you accordingly.
Note that the check is only done one time during boot process. If you want to force new version check, please proceed to ReachView Updater. It is available on port 5000, for example
http://reach.local:5000”.

I believe http://192.168.42.1 is the same as http://reach.local.

How did you get here in the first place? Can you share a screenshot? Also trace back on the procedure and identify which step no. you were on before you got to your step 1.

Reminder: It takes a while for the REACH RS hotspot to show up on your network. Never quite figured out why. So the first time you try to access reach.local on your browser and using your network, it may not be able to access. Leave it and it will try to reload. Eventually, it gets through. I think praying helps. That’s what I have been doing the past week.

Don’t ask my why it’s like this.

Well… Better later then never. Sorry about the noobwork, will make it better and less close up next time :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Grrr… Should have left well alone. Changed the network name from reach to reach-base. Access changed from reach.local to reach-base.local. Now I cannot access it.

For some reason, it is not possible for the laptop and the iPhone Wi-Fi on together. With the iPhone off, it works.

@bide, I have a situation when I use the ASUS Wi-Fi, both the Laptop and the iPhone can access the reach-base. But when I try with the iPhone personal hotspot, I cannot access, although I believe I could do so before the name was changed from reach to reach-base.

How can I connect with the iPhone?

Tx

ok, managed to muddle through. Tx

@bide, have I understood the procedures correctly as below.

Summary: For future reference.

1. In pairing a computer device or smart phone to a REACH RS, have only 1 Wi-Fi network in use to avoid conflicting signals and minimize chances of things going wrong. Switch off other Wi-Fi sources in your vicinity that you have control over.

2. Use the REACH RS as the hotspot. It seems to work better than using the computer/smart phone Wi-Fi as the hotspot.

3. Do the pairing, 1 Reach RS at the time with the other unit powered off.

4. When your computer/smart phone use the REACH RS as the network provider (hotspot), in the browser, search for 192.168.42.1 or reach.local, then enter.

5. If connection is successful, you should see the Status window like this:

Scrolling down, you should see a map of the location of the Reach RS.

That will indicate that your pairing has been successful.

Hello Wong_Piang_Yow

1 I dont’t turn off any wifi spots.
2 I use my home wifi spot all the time it works fine.
3 I have my base reach set up and sending signals over ntrip and rover collecting ntrip corrections, both on the same computer at the same time.
4 the address is correct but the name will be different if you changed it.
5 is correct.

I think that reach maybe does not like extra characters(I could be wrong here). Try with out the - sign in the name

Jim

Jim, my home wifi is ASUS and phone wifi is iPhone. If both are on, I get problems. If only ASUS is on, both my laptop and mobile can be using it without any problem.

The - sign in the name did not present any problems.

Tx for your response.

@Wong_Piang_Yow Jim is doing a good job of helping you. Here I will respond mostly to your wording.

Note:
The word ‘pairing’ is typically used when talking about bluetooth.
It is best to avoid using it when talking about WiFi. Perhaps ‘connecting’ is a better term.

Yes. (Reach RS hotspot is the method I have been using, because it is more simple and fast to get connected between unfamiliar devices. The phone hotspot method is recommended by Emlid because of its advantages, like allowing software updates. Plus it is complimented by their installable ReachView app)

I think you mean: Connect your device(phone) to the Reach RS hotspot. (This implies that the wireless password will be saved in your device for next time.)

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. (The map background will only be shown if your device(phone) has an internet connection.)

2 Likes

@bide , thank you. Now comes the hard part, if my reading of the commentaries are any indication. But thank you very much for your advice and help. You cannot imagine how grateful I am.

1 Like

@Simon_Allen, I just realized your design of the fixture to the tripod was better than mine. So I copied it. Works well.

2 Likes

Field survey trial successfully completed.

Stage 1 finished.

Thank you everyone.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.