Getting error when trying to export CSV - Reach Panel is a single-page application

I did a survey yesterday using the Reachview panel (not RV3). I am getting an error when trying to export the CSV file. Oops, an error has occurred. Reach Panel is a single-page application.

I have never seen this error. I installed 27 Beta 2 this morning as I was going to see if that would fix some problems I had yesterday with Beta 1.

2 Likes

Hi Tim,

Thanks for noticing! We could reproduce this issue with Reach Panel and are working on a fix. I’ll write back once there is any news.

1 Like

Thanks Kseniia!
I needed this asap so I manually keyed all the data into a CSV file so that I could PPK the survey. The log files exports fine.

I am going to go back to the latest stable version. Using Android for 27 Beta 1 and Beta 2, the collection of points is messed up. There is no timer and the collection reset reset even though I did not specify any rules (ie fixed, float or single). I simply wanted to capture the points 10 minutes each. Unfortunately the timer for averaging option only goes up to 5 minutes. I wanted 10 minutes for PPK processing. It would be nice to just enter the time desired instead of being constrained to a drop down.

But for now, I will just go back to the stable version. Thanks for the quick response on this issue.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I didn’t meet any requests about issues with point collection on 27 Beta, so it sounds unusual. Please elaborate on whether you collected points with the Reach Panel or ReachView 3 app. Also, please specify what do you mean by the lack of the timer.

It would be nice to just enter the time desired instead of being constrained to a drop down.

Thanks for the request! We’ll think about it.

See the screenshot using Android in Reachview 3. There is no timer that shows how long you have been collecting, etc.

Hi Tim,

From your screenshot, I see that you turned off the Averaging time in the app. Averaging works exactly like a timer and shows the recording process. When it’s turned off, the point is collected instantly.

To start the timer, select Averaging time for the point and press the Measure button as shown on the gif:

Correct, but the max time was for only 5 minutes. Are there any plans to increase the time limit in the menu? Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi Tim,

Would you mind describing your use case? We usually suggest collecting a point for 40 seconds in a Fix. In which cases do you need more than 5 minutes?

Hi Tim,

I’m coming back to you with the news. We’ve just released stable 27 Reach Firmware. In this version, the issue with exporting projects has been fixed. It’d be great if you could test it out and share your results with us. You can find the whole list of fixes in this thread on our community forum.

Hello @elena.riazanova, i’m aware that this has been fixed but about requiring more time in the averaging, it would be great if there where an unlimited cap or a higher one, like 60min or more.

This is a great feature for stop & go cases. Here in Brazil we developed a system on top of RTKLib that can use the time averaged to cut the UBX/Rinex file into smaller ones for ponctual post processing of a single point in the Stop&Go collection.

Being able to collect a float point with more than 5 minutes while recording Raw Data would help our software post process the part of the Raw Data that matches with the time of the averaged point, so we can have a chance to fix the point.

Also, if i’m correct Emlid Studio has a similar feature.

1 Like

Elena,
I meant to respond a while back. I now realize that if I want to capture a point for a longer period of time that I just need to simply use the Web interface which operates like the old Reachview app. If I wanted to do PPK processing then I might want the period of time to be longer for each point. I simply did not have a good understanding of Reachview 3 and now I know it well :wink: Testing Field Genius out now for line work. I am sure some day Reachview will be polished and do away with the need for third party apps. Take care.

1 Like

Hi @tec.adriano.menezes and @MDS,

Thanks for the details of your request! I’d like to know more about how it should be. Do you want to have the point time recorded in the raw data log or just have the ability to collect the point with the Survey tool for more than 5 min?

Being able to collect the point for more than 5 minutes.

We use the averaged start and end time to cut the Raw data file so we can post-process that part of the raw data in a stop&go situation.

Got you, thanks! We’ll take your thoughts into account. I’ll pass it to our devs.

1 Like

Hi guys,

We recently reviewed your request, and I want to share our news on it.

We think it will be possible to record the points for Stop&Go for a longer time. However, we’re considering it can be implemented in a slightly different way. In addition, I’ve been thinking about your case.

I’ll add some thoughts on this. If the solution is not stable and falls in Float or Single while RTK, then increasing the time may not help to improve the result. In this case, it’s worth checking the surrounding conditions, baseline, and receiver settings.

There’s one more thing I want to add. If you are working in RTK and the receiver has reached a fixed solution, then 5 min and 15 min should give about the same results.

Hello Elena!

About this comment:

The objective here isn’t to increase time to improve the result. In the case i talked about, i’m also recording raw data logs and i’m using the starting and end time information from each point to cut the raw data so i can post process that section from the Raw Data

Hi Adriano,

Now I see your point! We will try to make it easier for you.

1 Like

Follow the workflow of this survey:

• In the field:
    Start Base with Single coordinates and start Raw Data log.

Connect Rover, check communication with the Base and start Raw Data Logs on the Rover.

Starting the survey, collecting points with FIX solution.

In one point i get a Float solution and waiting a bit doesn’t improve solution (ambiguities unresolved).

In this case, i set the Averaging time to MAX (5min) and start recording RTK in the FLOAT point.

After the Averaging time is finished, i go finish my survey.

In the office (with GTOPO Post Processing software from Guandalini)following these steps in the video (in portuguese, use automatic translation!) :

Import the Raw Data Log from the Base and define the file as Base in the software

import the Raw Data log from the Rover WITH the CSV file exported from ReachView 3.

Using the information inside the CSV file, the software will automatically cut the Raw Data log from the Rover for EVERY point inside the CSV file.

After all points have their cutted Raw file from the original Rover file.
(if there wer 300 RTK points collected during the survey, the software will cut the original Raw file 300 times using the Start and End time from each surveyed point).

I locate the FLOAT point from the survey, mark it as Rover and command the software to post-process that specific part of the raw file that were cutted.
(the cutted raw file has the 5 min of the RTK FLOAT point).

Wait for the results, if unable to FIX that point, i change the configurations so i can get a fix (same configs from RTKLib).

Sometimes the maximum of 5 minutes from the averaging time isnt’ enough to post process that part of the Raw File, that’s why i need more Averaging time

Hi Adriano,

I see that you are doing a great job, and I understand your concern about how it will work. From our side, we will try to simplify your work. We’re going to extend the maximum point collection time in the future.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Good news for you! You asked for more time to collect points, and now you have it. Max time was increased up to 60:59 min in the new Reach View 3 6.12. We’d be glad to hear your feedback on it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes