Galileo M8T firmware is now available

Hi Emlid team, do I understand correctly that with the new reach image 2.x versions, the M8T 3.01 firmware is used?

Hi!

Actually, it’s not. After internal tests we discovered that RTKLIB requires some fixing before we can use this new firmware properly.

1 Like

Here a nice litte screenshot using the SPG firmware from u-blox with Reach and Galileo:
We are all waiting for a public release of the Galileo support. A public base station is used for correction signals.

5 Likes

How to enable Galileo UBX messages (if you flashed the new firmware at your own risk):

Edit file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reachview/app/templates/index.html:

• Search for “galileo_select”
  • Remove the starting comment <!-- before and the ending comment --> behind in this area
  • Reboot device
  • Enable Galileo in the configuration
  • (Reboot device)
  • Galileo should be enabled, also in the configuration file /etc/reachview/current_config.json the setting rtk settings -> positioning systems -> galileo should change from false to true
  • When you update Reach, the changes must be made again

Thank you emlid, that the preparation is already done, now we are just waiting for the official release

2 Likes

How to enable RTCM3 1097 messages for Galileo:

Edit file /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/reachview/app/templates/index.html:

• find “1127_select” and add the following text after the closing table cell </tr>:
    <tr> <td>1097</td> <td>GALILEO MSM</td> <td class="rtcm-time-inte - Pastebin.com
  • reboot reach
  • Enable message in reachView
  • You can check the configuration in /etc/reachview/current_config.json: The configurations in rtcm3 messages should now contain an entry with 1097
  • You can also check the running processes using the command top in the console: you should find a running process with the following parameters: /usr/bin/RTKLIB/app/str2str/gcc/str2str -msg 1087(1.0),1097(1.0),1077(1.0),1006(10.0)

You can also add the Multiple Signal Messages 1077 (GPS) and 1087 (GLONASS). These messages can be used instead of 1002 (GPS) or 1010 (GLONASS). The Multiple Signal Messages contain more information than the simple signals, e.g. Doppler measurements:

You should keep an original copy of the edited index.html!
Have fun!

2 Likes

Hi,

Now that there appears to be a working version of RTKLIB with Galileo and UBlox M8T, will there be an upgrade coming anytime soon? I seem to be able to satisfy my needs for now with the beta 2.2.4, but initial tests seem to show lower time to first FIX and more consistent FIX with GPS+GLO+GAL+SBAS. But, I’ll take any improvement Emlid can add.

It is not clear to me it the M8T needs new firmware and Edison reflash to upgrade at that point.
Appreciate the good work…

2 Likes

Hello,

I have an ublox neo 6 that i connect to an android tablet. I wish to knwo please what is the right configuration for stand alone positioning

5 Likes