Flow app (Surveying with 2+ controllers)

Hi,

Can I create a project, and collect data using two different controllers (mobiles), then upload them into the cloud using the same login?
I’m asking because I don’t know how Flow app joins the data, and if there is some risk of overriding data.

Thanks!

So long as only one device is logged on at any given time, then you should be fine. If you are asking if you can use more than one device at the same time logged into the same account, that is not recommended and will likely lead to issues.

If you want to use more than one device at the same time, best to add additional projects, and then consolidate the collected data after collection. Emlid is considering how to best implement a “team” option to Flow. But it is not here yet.

4 Likes

You need to consult the EULA to see whether or not that is allowed but I have tested and it works fine as long as you have a staking plan and aren’t storing points with the same numbers. You can even have people generating points in the office that the field can pull up with a simple refresh. There again - Yes data can be overwritten if you all aren’t on the same page. I think all Emlid really needs to do is make points locked by default and two-factor deletions and then come up with a new licensing type to account for organizational use to grow into.

2 Likes

Hi Rafael,

Dave explained everything perfectly! We don’t recommend surveying at the same time on more than 1 device. But there’s no limit on how many devices can use the same account.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Michael! We’re exploring various possibilities for what this feature might include.

3 Likes