Flashing Board Problems

This is really starting to hack me off. I followed the instructions provided implicitly. When the process finished and the re-boot section was happening the unit that i have set up as Base, went into continuous loop mode, rebooting shutting down, re-booting , shutting down endlessly. So i decided to change the firmware update to v2.3 for my rover module, same damned thing…

So i started the Edison Update App again, and plugged the Rover unit, after about 12 attempts, the unit displayed a green light, success, i hoped,… that was very short lived. as i cannot access the unit at all now, even though the light remains on!!! I obviously cannot use the ReachView app (no connection) and when i tried to use the Edison App, that also does not connect to the unit…

So the next step was to try the CMD prompt system, downloaded the latest dfu-util.exe files from Intel and put them in the unpacked folder, same thing after all that, endlessly re-booting and shutting down, you can hear the tones on my PC that conform this.

Hi Bary,

I surely understand your frustration, but upgrading is totally worth it :slight_smile:

This could be a power issue, could you try a different cable or maybe a different USB port?

If you could post some screenshot on where things fail it could help us find what is going wrong.

Both of the cables YOU supplied? Doubtful, i suggest you look elsewhere to solve this problem. The cable are fine!
This morning i started again and nothing has changed. Got the green light, logged into the WiFi on the board. The system showed that the upgrade had NOT been applied and reverted to old FW etc. I did not take a screen shot. Nevertheless, i went back and used the Intel app to upgrade the FW to v2.3 from the files downloaded yesterday. Went through the process (AGAIN!), and now cannot even access the board to do the upgrade steps again, endlessly looping as previously described.

I really haven’t got time for this, it is very distracting, i have a job to do! And this is NOT what i thought i was buying…

OK so i finally got the upgrade screen, I’ll keep you posted…

OK all resolved for now. It was a painful process for me.