Fixed wing GeoTagging Issue

We have tested RS2 PPK, and we have faced some issues. If there anyone facing the same issue as me, please advise.

Test model

•   Base : REACH RS2 

•   Rover : M2 

•   Camera : SONY A6000 

•   Drone Type : Fixed wing Pixhawk2 Black 

A problem occurs when we do Geotagging Photos with Geo Setter. Coordinate of Photo does not place correct location as you can see from the file I am sharing, it tags the same coordinate data after Photo# DSC00160.JPG. We suspect that your program’s geosetter tool makes a wrong Geotagging. In order to match the number of photos with the number of Marks, we have removed a few test pictures taken before take-off.

Please check the file I am sharing by the below link. There is also a file for post processing procedure. Please have it checked if we are missing anything.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EZ6rglj1zN6yUnp0W3LYZEth22dasR8c/view?usp=sharing

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @dansangwoo.kim,

Welcome to the community forum!

I’ve reproduced the described scenario in GeoSetter.
I see that the data has the same number of time marks and photos.

I’m figuring out now why photos are mismatching time marks. I’ll get back to you as soon as I have the results.

Thank you for your help Andrew, I will wait for the result.

Hey guys,

Thanks for your patience!

I’ve checked photos and Time marks. It looks like the survey and post-processing went well.

The number of time marks is the same as the number of photos.

The time of the photos matches the time of events with the shift. The only thing I noticed is that the time of the photos doesn’t shift according to the time zone of your working area.

I was able to match photos with waypoints only manually, one by one.

I guess this case is related to GeoSetter itself. We’ll try to reach to GeoSetter support, and I suggest you do the same.

You can also try another geotagging software.

1 Like

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your reply. OK, I will try to reach to Geosetter the same. please let us know if you receive the answer from Geosetter in the meantime. Thank you again.

Regards,
Dan

1 Like

Dan,

Sure, I’ll let you know if I receive an answer from the GeoSetter support.

Have a good day!

1 Like

Hi Dan,

It’s been a while since the last time we talked. We decided not to rely on Geosetter anymore and released a geotagging feature in the Emlid Studio.

In the corresponding thread below, you can learn more about the release and download the latest version, Beta 9. I’ve already tested the feature on your data set, and the result is perfect! Check it out too:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.