Fix to float effects on UAV

Hi there!
I am currently performing accuracy testing with my reach modules to eventually use them for UAV guidance. Here is my setup:

• Both antennas on the ground of a football field with no obstacles
  • Static mode for base, kinematic for rover
  • Base position with average single
  • Correction output TCP
  • Baseline between 10 to 30 m
  • AR fix-and-hold for GPS, on for GLONASS

The problem is that I can get a fix solution on my stationary rover but it sometimes drop to a float solution for no apparent reason and then comes back to fix a minute later.

1. Iā€™d like to know if something in my setup is causing this (Iā€™m thinking about the height of the antennas or the weak radio link).
  2. Once installed on the UAV, the radio link will be much better as well as ground clearance, does this mean I will get little to no loss of fix during flight?
  3. If the solution switches between fix and float during a flight, will there be a huge effect on the droneā€™s trajectory causing it to never reacquire fix?

Thank you!

Could you please share log from a session when this happens?
Or a bit more details around your setup. Picture of rover and base setup
, picture of surroundings.
Also a system report would be nice.
A PM could be sent for discretion, if you like

If by ā€œon the groundā€ you mean really on the ground, then yes, raising them up will get you a more stable solution.

Also, are you using ground planes for this testing? If not, then you should be.

Iā€™ve found a way to elevate the antennas, much better communication now! I moved on to PPK testing instead of RTK. Still got some questions but will write another post about it since the whole idea is much different.
Thanks!

1 Like