First-time setup of M2 via Flow - connection trouble

Dear EMLID community,

good to know that you’re out there :wink:

I am struggling with the first setup of a new M2 using the Flow app (8.0) on a moto g41 running android 11. I am following this guide (First setup | Reach RS/RS+ - I know, it’s actually for the RS), but as soon as I try to connect to the Wi-Fi for installing updates, I get the warning “Lost connection with Reach. Please check your network, then try refreshing the page” right after the message that “Reach is connecting to another network”. The blue LED on the M2 is flashing quickly for a while, but goes then back to constant lighting.

Have I missed any obvious steps (sorry in case I have)? Battery optimization is turned off, the Wi-Fi network is available. Cannot remember that I’ve had these issues with an earlier M2 and the View app, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Best, Roland

Hi Roland,

Welcome to our community!

When you tap Connect, Reach tries to connect to the Wi-Fi network that you’ve added. Since it changes networks, it’s no longer in the same network as your mobile device. That’s why it’s ok that the connection is lost at this step.

The blue LED on the M2 is flashing quickly for a while, but goes then back to constant lighting.

Looks like Reach tried to connect to your Wi-Fi network, but couldn’t. So, it returned to the hotspot mode. Please double-check that:

• Your Wi-Fi network uses the 2.4 GHz band
  • The credentials are entered correctly

Sometimes, such issues are related to the particular Wi-Fi network. So, I’d also recommend trying another Wi-Fi network or a mobile hotspot to check if Reach can connect to them.

We also have a First setup guide specifically for Reach M+/M2 – maybe it’ll come in handy :slightly_smiling_face:

A post was split to a new topic: Reach RS+ issues with the First setup