I think you have to install the old Edison drivers first. Emlid DOCS seemed to have removed that information which leaves users with older Reach products with no longer supported Emlid chips at a loss.
You can search the community for Edison drivers to get them.
Hi @Charlie_Robinson, I have just been through the process of flashing my old reach modules to firmware 26 on a win10 machine. To get USB-to-PC connection I needed to disable driver signatures and then install EdisonDriverSetup1.2.1 as per this thread Flashing Reach RS - Win10
The flashing tool then found the module and completed the update without issue.
Hi Charlie, Sorry to hear you have not yet had success.
A couple more observations from my experience, note this is my first time using Reach modules so apologies if I am stating the obvious;
Installing Edisondrivers - Disabling driver signatures is a must per the previous post, I also then ran the setup in administrator mode to ensure the software had full access. during this setup you will get some warnings as windows detects the signature issues.
If the install is successful, once you reboot the p.c and plug the reach module into a usb port, the device will be recognised and shown as an Edison device in device manager, if you still have RNDIS with exclamation mark then Edison drivers has not installed correctly.
2)I found that the flashtool must be started and be looking for a reach module before the module is plugged into the usb port, otherwise it will not be detected.
Thanks Guido - I tried version 1.5.0 but unfortunately it still doesn’t work, I now get the message ‘launch failed. Try reinstalling the app’ when I try to connect the reach. Tried both with and without the edison drivers installed.
I have checked a few of the usb ports but not all, tried USB 2, usb 3/3.1 ports and a variety of cables. Can’t rule out usb port or cable issue I suppose, but nothing I have so far tried has worked. Thanks for the assistance!
Happy to report that uninstalling all the edison drivers, uninstalling the flash tool and rebooting then reinstalling worked! I’m not sure what exactly changed as I’m pretty sure that’s the process I followed on the first installation attempt, but all seems ok. Now to reflash my other modules Cheers!