Fine tunning post-processing in RTKPost

Hello, i’m having some hard times in understanding each configuration for RTKPost, the configuration in Setting1, Output and in the Positions tabs i managed to get a hold on the basics and enable to start working on post-processing files.

I would like some help with an explanation on how to fine tune RTKPost to be more rigid with it’s results, i basically keep Setting2 and Statistics tab untouched, only thing i change is the Amiguity to Fix and Hold/OFF/Off and and AR filter to OFF in Setting2.
I read the RTKLib Manual available at their site to get hold of the basics but it looks like a translation and sometimes is hard to undestand what some things means.

Appreciate any help.

2 Likes

What Reach unit are you using? Software and settings are different between the single and multi channel units such as RS+ or RS2.

I work with both at my company, but mostly RS2.

Hi Adriano,

The version of RTKLib posted on Emlid Docs has the recommended settings for post-processing. Do you have troubles with getting fix on post-processing?

Here’s the settings we use when post processing a static base observation with the RS2. The solution is then used for PPK with our Phantom 4 RTK or second RS2 observations.

2 Likes

Hi Dmitriy, actually no, im having no trouble fixing, only ones that dont fix have low timespan.

What i want is to get more options to allow me to accurately check if a point is having a reliable fix and some options to be mores strict with satellites.

Here in southern Brasil has been noticed that the GLONASS constellation is making the results worse even when fixed, so i want some options to allow me to check if is the entire constellation or a few satellites that are passing as good option but are worsening the results.

1 Like

Thanks! RoryG, im gonna start testing some of these recommendations. I would like to see if the options where i can edit the numbers in Settings2 and Statistics are a viable way to get more accurate results as well make RTKPost more strict with satellites.

Hi Adriano,

I’d also recommend taking a look at this article in our docs. It covers the raw data assessment process which might be of use for you.

Thanks Tatiana! I will check these as well!

If possible i would like some in-depth view of Settings2 and Statistics configs as well so i can be able to make some tweaks together with RoryG’s image .

Hi @tec.adriano.menezes,

I barely can recommend tuning other settings than “Integer Ambiguity Resolution (GPS)” from the Fix and Hold to the Continuous. For the “Fix and Hold” mode, fix holds ambiguities constrained after the first one. Fix is more stable, but in case the first initialization was not correct it will take longer to recover and initialize correctly. In the Continuous mode, the ambiguities are resolved epoch by epoch. This mode is less stable, but there is no risk of holding a false fix.

I saw you mentioned in another topic that the GLONASS constellation in your country is mixing up the results. Please, check the raw data and if the GLONASS satellites have a poor signal, you can turn the GLONASS Ambiguity Resolution (AR) off. If you use two Reach receivers the “Auto-calibration” option is not needed, as it enables to correct GLONASS Inter Channel Biases (ICBs), which are unique for every receiver. The general recommendation is to always have GLONASS AR set to on.

I would not advised changing the other parameters both in “Setting2” and “Statistics” tabs, because it is hard to predict the good result then.

5 Likes

Much thanks for the thorough feedback @artem.fomenko and as well from every one from Emlid and the community, i will be using theses configurations in future tests and finish then my analysis in theses settings. Thanks everyone for the useful informations!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.