Feature Request: Position output over websocket

Next to Serial/BT/TCP I would like to have the option to make the position solutions available over websockets.

Background

I’m creating some alternative frontend for displaying the reach-location. (with some very specific additional logic/configuration for the usecase)

I started creating a native android-application receiving position output over bluetooth.
For several reasons I’m thinking about switching to wifi/IP for position output and moving toward a webclient.
Websockets/WebRTC would be more convenient to integrate with.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll consider the possibility of adding it :slightly_smiling_face:

tnx :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Andy,

Just wanted to add that at the moment, as a workaround it might be faster to connect Reach with a companion computer and configure the computer to output position over websocket.

Polina,
Thanks for the hint, but that’s indeed what I did in my test-setup. However, this really reduces usability in my project. The reason for choosing RS2 over M2, is I need portability, the RS2 has everything included which is needed, battery/3G-modem/antenna. If the driver switches machines, all he needs to do is unscrew the RS2, screw back on the new machine, and he’s good to go (together with his battery-powered phone). Another computer would require some more wires or chargeable device in a drivers cabin which already has multiple levels of joysticks & buttons.

I understand it’s not highest priority, and for the moment I’m still on an android application which is using bluetooth for communication. Since reachview is already using websockets, I thought, it’s a modern feature with relative low cost. And it makes the device even more suitable for integrations.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.