Feature request - Localization when using nTrip (or other base)

Now that Emlid has the nTrip server (which is working great on our setup, though I still haven’t figured out a fix for connecting to it via our Topcon dozer), the big thing now is the fact that every job I go to has slightly different coordinates to tie into.

Currently my work flow is:

• Initial setup of nTrip base, 30 minute single point average.
  • 4+ hour log file, PPP Correct coordinate. (this is only done once now that the base is permanently mounted)

For each new job

• Travel to site, shoot control points.
  • Return to office, adjust points picked up to match actual
  • Back calculate and adjust base coordinates
  • Covert base coordinates to Lat-long
  • Change base coordinates in base mode.
  • Return to site and do any more layout/pickup that needs to be done.

If I could do a localization, I would be able to go to site, pick-up the control points, adjust the site to match the localization and I would be done.
Since we also have 2 rovers now, I can’t change the base coordinate and have someone else survey on a different site.

Localization would be the only good way you could do survey with a 3rd party nTrip server. We are currently using CAN-NET for our dozer, and the only way I could lay anything out, is to convert all my points to match the nTrip base coordinates, since there is no way for me to adjust that.

2 Likes

yeah…been on the road map for a good while now. : /

You may be waiting awhile even as important this feature is to so many… I’d get FieldGenius or whatever else you like that already has localization etc.

2 Likes

Our current mount point. We are monitoring to see if there are any vibration issues from the fan inside the box

3 Likes

I hope there’s no electrical or magnetic field issues.

Good mount point though if it works.

…ain’t that the truth, and on-the-fly. All you need is CAD coordinates of the control points. This is the main reason we run FieldGenius for Android.

3 Likes

Hi there,

We always take users’ feedback into account. So thanks for explaining your point.

I see that the localization feature could make your workflow much easier. We indeed have thoughts regarding this. However, implementation of such complicated functionality requires in-depth investigation and testing. That’s why it may take us a while.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.