Extending WiFi range of M2

Would love to hear more about this set-up as I am trying to achieve something similar

this can work. 50 Ohm cable

+
SMA-MCX adapter

1 Like

Thanks

Hi friends. I have good news. I am testing the new upgraded M2BASE enclosure Kit from Mettatec. The M2 Wifi range issue is now resolved: 21 meters radius. They’ve added a clear acrylic window that now allows you to see the M2 while maintaining protection against dust and water.

Link: M2BASE KIT Base Station Kit For REACH M2 | METTATEC

3 Likes

Glad to hear - thank you.

I wonder if they would retrofit mine that I bought 3 weeks ago?

3 Likes

Great news. Hopefully they will put some up on the store. Mine is sitting on the shelf as I continue to try workarounds.

2 Likes

I am planning on using TP-Link AC750, as an wifi extender powered with a usb power bank attached on the M2 pole, and use a wifi access point of higher range mounted on the vehicle, these ones comes powered with PoE, like TP-Link EAP225 or TP-Link AC750, so in that case will need a car inverter to connect PoE injector, that way I asume the gnns unit ca be moved larger distances kepping connection,
I need that to use a Local NTRIP for drone RTK mapping

1 Like

note, I refer to the TP-Link AC750 (model TL-WR902AC) usb powered

2 Likes

I found this one that seems to be a better opcion for a larger range: VONETS VBG1200
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZSRTZDG/?coliid=I3AWMI7GN1USVQ&colid=1NK3ZVU4Y3H11&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.