Exporting point elevation with shapefile?

Hi everyone, just got two Reach RS units; I’m in the process of learning how to use them for field work on the west coast of Canada where I am researching relative sea level change over the last 15,000 years, so I am looking forward to learning how to use Reach RS to gather accurate and precise real world elevations of different sea-level related data points.

Anyways, one of my first questions is if there is a way to get the Lat, Long, and Height of points exported with the shapefiles exported with the Survey tool? When I open the attribute table of a shapefile that I exported in QGIS I see ‘antenna height’, ‘lateral rm’, ‘name’, ‘projected’, ‘rms’, ‘sample cou’, and ‘solution s’ in the data table - but none of the actual location information. Is there a way to export that information? Or even a way to export an excel table or .csv with the LLH for each point collected in Survey mode?

I’m using ReachView Version 2.6.0. As far as I can tell I have the base and the rover connected by LoRa (as per the ‘Quickstart Guide’ and my laptop connected to a hotspot generated by the Rover. (Side question: does this seem to be the appropriate setup?)

Thanks in advance for any help, I’m sure I will have some more questions as I work through learning how to use this device!

Best, Bryn

If you open JSON file it should contain ellipsoide hight like this format:
projected mean": "6.1301317391 60.5074132675 554.351736066"
Bold letters are height.

Cool, thanks, good to know. I see I can get that info if I open the GeoJSON file in notepad. But if I open in in QGIS that info still isn’t appearing in the attributes table. So let’s say theoretically I have a very large number of points, which would make it awkward to isolate all the LLH info from the test string; is there any way to export that info to a table (like .csv)?

Thanks again for any advice.

Having the elevation as an attribute in the attribute table would then allow one to do on-the-fly analyses in QGIS, such as generating a DEM as one maps, which would be pretty useful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 100 days. New replies are no longer allowed.