Experts opinion needed on my F450 build

@P3G , very nice work! You got it :smiley:

That looks like a nice setup. I don’t see any problems.

I’m not sure on rctimer motors as I have not used them before. Give them a shot if the price is right.

On a side note:
You have plenty of throttle so you could increase battery size (5000mah to 5500mah or bigger) and still have good hover. Remember to include the extra weight!

Let us know how the build goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aquila thank you ! I will increase the batterysize with 20/30C instead of 30/40C in order to save weight (I have tested with eCalc and it’s pretty much the same performance…)
I keep you updated once I receive all my stuff !

1 Like

Good plan on the lipos. You are thinking about this in the right way.

I look forward to your updates and progress

1 Like

Dear all,

I bought everything but it appears that my motors (RCTIMER SL2212. http://rctimer.com/product-1150.html) are mounted with a DJI HUB (self locking system) and I can’t use my GWS propellers 11x4.7

I also searched for new props but there is only 9" props with self locking system…
I don’t know what to do…

Is there any adapters for change the prop system ?
do the 9.4x4.3 or 4.5 prop will be ok if there is no adapters ?

One other solution could b e to force the GWS props into the motor screw (I tried it, and I can lock the prop with the nut but it’s pretty hard to remove), or adapt the hole of the props to fit the self locking mount…

I don’t know about this one. Maybe check ali express for the props you need. I have found things on there i don’t see elsewhere.

If you do any mods to the props, the only thing I would say is insure they do lock in place very securely and insure the mod does not mess with the balance of the prop.

@P3G I am not sure if you are still on the platform as this thread is 7 years old but I really wanted your feedback on the RCTimer SL2212 920KV motor as I am planning to use those motors in my swarm of 50 drones. I would be really grateful if you can provide your review of the motor and can reach back to me either here or preferably on my email at: bilalarif.pm@gmail.com. Thank you! I am awaiting your response.

1 Like