EXIF update in post-processing

Hello, hoping to get some advice on Emlid Studio and Drone Data PPK processing. I used the software and dropped all the correct files in and photos, but when i update the tags, it appears to be removing the “orientation data” or “pose” data from the exif in the images, essentially rendering the dataset useless, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Yes the Emlid studio software does that at present time it seems, but depending on what software you are processing the images with after (such as Pix4DMapper/Metashape) you can just export all of the EXIF data from original images first before PPK processing in Emlid studio, then export the partial EXIF data from the PPK processed images, then add just the missing EXIF data to this PPK corrected EXIF data and re-import so that missing data is present again. Using excel or similar spreadsheet easiest way to do this.

Hi Ryan,

The EXIF from Emlid Studio indeed doesn’t contain this info. But if you obtain centimeter-level accurate image centers in PPK, mapping software should be able to create an accurate model or orthophoto.

Still, I understand that having this data would be helpful for your application. I’ve passed your request to the team, and we’ll consider it.

Hi guys!

I just wanted to tell you that we improved the XMP tag management in the latest version of Emlid Studio for DJI drones. Now, the software preserves orientation information for photos.

If you have a chance to try it out, we’d be glad to receive your feedback!

In case your drone is not a DJI one, please share its model with us. It would help us to support other drone providers, too. Thank you!

1 Like

Although I haven’t used Emlid Studio for post processing much, I’m wondering if Autel imagery from the Evo II Pro RTK model would work ?

What kind of data do you need ? A link to a project or just a few images ?

1 Like