EMLID Studio or RTK LIB for further processing with Geosetter?

Hi there,
I noticed that the Geosetter program only works with KML or GPX files.
However, EMLID Studio cannot generate / convert these files.
Is that only possible with RTK LIB, with the RTKPost KML / GPX conversion function?

Thanks for your answers!

What further processing are you looking todo?

I must write geo data from photogrammetry missions in the photo exif data.
And geosetter is the only free software i know for this purpose.

1 Like

https://docs.emlid.com/reach/tutorials/post-processing-workflow/geosetter-tutorial/

Try this

2 Likes

thank you, i know this guide, my question was if i can use a simpler or alternative method, like EMLID studio and if exists other programs like geosetter.

Hi Fred,

Generally speaking, yes, you’re right. Processing results from Emlid Studio are in the POS format, which belongs to RTKLib. So at the moment, you can convert it to GPX/KML with the RTKPost only.

However, why don’t you try the Geotagging feature in Emlid Studio? All you need is _events.pos file and folder with photos. So the conversion to GPX is simply not needed.

4 Likes

thank you very much! These are good news, i will try this!
Best wishes!

1 Like

Hi! I generated pos file from rover and base in emlid studio. I want to geotag images taken within the timeframe when logging using m2 and r2 receivers. I don’t have an event trigger so relying on time images were taken to coincide with time on the pos file (don’t have to be exact and therefore could be interpolated coordinates). So under the geotagging tab of emlid studio I selected the .pos file and then selected the folder where 302 images can be found. Problem is, emlid studio then says must contain 0 photos! Any ideas what’s going on? I tried using rtkpost to generate .pos file then export it to gpx so geotagging can be done in geosetter or gpicsync but the resulting exported file only contain lat, long and altitude. No time element is included. Your assistance will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I think tagging with Emlid Studio only works if you timemarks from the shutter-events.

Hi @rogerix20002000,

I want to confirm Christian’s words. Emlid Studio can’t geotag photos without time marks in the POS file.

Time marks show the exact time of taking the photo with microsecond accuracy relative to the shutter signal. So it allows getting the centimeter-accurate position after the post-processing if you had a Fix. By contrast, time data in the photo’s metadata is much less accurate. That’s why it can’t be used for precise geotagging.

To record time marks, you just need to connect Reach M2 to the camera hot shoe. Here is also the whole workflow for PPK Mapping with Reach.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.