Emlid Studio Metadata not working with DroneDeploy

Just to add:

The best flow to work with PPK - Photogrammetry metadata and wait for the best solution, is to enter both the images and a precise geolocation text file into the photogrammetry software. Then perform the internal orientation.

We have been working with Emlid M2 on Phantom 4 Pro with excellent results. We use Agsofth Metashape and Pix4D Mapper.

Lastly, if it is a non-intrusive module like Metta or Tuffwing, the photosensor lag should be corrected.

2 Likes

How are you creating the geo text file? We just retag the images. Easy-peasy but I have a couple of other use cases that a text file might be easier.

1 Like

Thanks Jose,
if you dont mind me asking, what do you pay for Agsoft and Pix4D?

please keep me informed, is there a ticket # you can PM me?

Hi guys,

Sorry for the silence in this thread! Let me share some results of our investigation.

We’ve looked into the datasets that couldn’t be uploaded to DroneDeploy, and didn’t find any specific issues. Also, we know the same data can be uploaded to Pix4D well. So, it looks like a matter of compatibility related to some DroneDeploy import requirements.

I’ve reached out to DroneDeploy to check the requirements and see if we can improve the compatibility together. I haven’t received a conclusion on why the geotags are not recognized yet. But they were looking into it, as I know. So, I hope we’ll find out what may affect photo uploading this way.

If you’d like, you can reach out to DroneDeploy support as well - maybe more datasets would help the investigation.

Can you provide a reference number?

Is this happening to multiple people? @pjengineering, Can I get a sampling of images to try on our DroneDeploy account?

Hi Joe,

I can’t share the conversation, but I’ll be sure to keep you posted on the news here. As my colleague Svetlana just said in this thread, for now, it looks that the snag is in the field names.

Hi guys,

Getting back with good news – DroneDeploy has recently released the Smart Uploader, which fixes this issue. We’ve checked it works well with photos geotagged in Emlid Studio.

For now, the Smart Uploader is in Beta. But you can join the Beta testing by contacting DroneDeploy support at support@dronedeploy.com.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the smart uploader doesnt take GCPs to check accuracy at this stage.
Awaiting an update!
Joe

Hi Joe,

Yeah, let’s see how the Stable version will work. You can also reach out to DroneDeploy support and discuss the current workflow if you’d like – I believe they’ll be able to share more details.

1 Like

Thanks @kseniia.suzdaltseva!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.