Emlid RS2+ with Stonex NTRIP Caster

Hi everyone

We are looking to upgrade our NTRIP caster for our RTK network and have been trialing some software

We have used Emlid caster pro and found a few issues for us… Nearest base function did not work and rover connection diagnostics were very basic.

We have also looked at Snip and found it looks a solid product but will be expensive for our operating costs.

We are currently trialing Stonex CubeCors
The product appears to be exactly what we are after, User management, datum changes, and exceptional diagnostic capabilities at a reasonable price.

We are struggling to get our Emlid RS2+ fleet communicating with the program using LAN connection for the computer, and static IP mobile sims on the base stations

Has anyone else had any experience with this process, or just Stonex CubeCors in general?

Thanks

SS Precision Ag

1 Like

Hi @SSPrecisionAg,

Welcome to the forum!

Nearest base function did not work

I’ve checked this with our development team, and we’re aware of this issue. We’re working on introducing the fix, and I’ll let you know once it’s out.

rover connection diagnostics were very basic

Can you tell me what you would like to see in the diagnostics? We’re always looking for ways to improve our software.

We are struggling to get our Emlid RS2+ fleet communicating with the program using LAN connection for the computer, and static IP mobile sims on the base stations

We haven’t tested the connection to CubeCors, so I want to know more. Can you tell me more about your setup? At what step do you face the issue?

1 Like

Hi @olesia.riman

We had spoken to Dmitriy and Ruth regarding the requirements and issues we unfortunately found with Emlid caster Pro.

If you want additional information regarding that, please contact them internally.

The Stonex CubeCors is a sophisticated program for operation but requires more setup than Emlid caster for extensive port setup required.

Currently we have not been able to get the RS2+ to supply data into the caster, but we believe this is probably more a setting on the caster side. The Emlid community knowledge may allow some help with this setup.

Thanks

1 Like

We had spoken to Dmitriy and Ruth regarding the requirements and issues we unfortunately found with Emlid caster Pro.

If you want additional information regarding that, please contact them internally.

Got it! In such case, I believe we have all the information we need.

Currently we have not been able to get the RS2+ to supply data into the caster, but we believe this is probably more a setting on the caster side. The Emlid community knowledge may allow some help with this setup.

I’ve looked through our cases and couldn’t find a time when someone came to us with this issue. However, maybe someone from our users who’s experienced with it can advise you something.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just in case someone will encounter this thread. We have released a fix for the Nearest base function, and it should work now. In case there are still some issues, please let us know at support@emlid.com.

2 Likes