Emlid RS2 chip discussion

Of all people, I am “REALLY” refraining myself from being political here in response to that.

@igor.vereninov is appreciating that.

Sir,
I was not blaming emlid for this but making sure to point out to others there are other costs associated with this purchase that you need to account for, some folks may have a hard time coming up with another 1000 dollars to get their products released from the shipper. please refrain from making political statements. I hope @igor.vereninov messages you also about this. I would imagine now with the new cost a set of RS2, that the final cost for an individual in the USA will be $5000+ when everything is all said and done. Emlid does mention this on their shop that there may be additional cost. there are dealers in the US that I do believe have them at actual listed cost with no additional fees.

Duties and Tariffs are placed on goods imported into countries based on the trade relationships between the two countries. They are usually used to protect domestic business by artificially making the cost of the foreign imported goods higher than the domestic companies. The USA is charging you the extra cash due to its trade policies.

4 Likes

Thank you for the lesson.

I’m sure everyone is aware of this, but https://e38surveysolutions.com/ sells all of Emlid’s products as well as accessories. I’ve bought all my stuff from them, good service and no import fees !

1 Like

Same here in Canada . We have had very good service with these guys https://centimeter.ca/emlid/

5 Likes

I can also attest to the good service from E38/Event38, they were the dealer that I purchased my two RS2 units back in May 2019 and then were shipped in Mid July. I purchased through them rather then through Emlid directly, thus giving up the $75.00 initial rebate offer because of my uncertainty of the possible tariff charges that could be incurred buying through Emlid.

4 Likes

Prices always go up, especially when demand outstrips supply, why is this even a thread? Still great value regardless of price rise, I have access to leica gnss units and I’ll still take the little emlid out instead when I know there’s vegetation overhead or nearby. It’s time you got a quote for some name brand surveying gear if you’re worried about a few hundred bucks to give you perspective of what the market is actually like.

4 Likes

Hey All,

I’ve been working in the surveying industry for almost 40 years now. Emlid products offer the best value for the money and they’re excellent quality.

The Emlid RS2s are a bargain at $5,000 each, but they’re priced at less than half that… (they’re only $2,199 as of today). Emlid offers the best value of ANY commercial, survey grade GPS around!!!

They’re high quality, they work great, and they have excellent support.

My suggestion to Emlid is to ignore any of these petty, time wasting posts and keep up the absolutely fantastic job they’re doing. As professional surveyors, don’t really need Emlid to comment about the global chip shortage, the price of tea in China, or the latest political discussions on Facebook. We need Emlid to do what they do best, focus on bringing us the best quality, survey-grade GPS systems around.

Emlid, please continue to concentrate on doing the excellent Research, Development, Software Improvements and bring us other innovative products. You don’t have justify your prices to me, or to any of your loyal customers.

If my customers don’t want to pay the prices I charge, they’re free to go elsewhere.

If a few folks don’t want to pay the very reasonable prices that Emlid charges, they can choose to buy from someone else (perhaps Topcon).

Honestly, after owning 2 RS2s for about a year and half, they’ve already paid for themselves many times over.

If anyone is sitting “on the fence”, and trying to decide if they should buy Emlid or not, my recommendation is buy at least 2 RS2s now. Prices will only continue to rise, chips will continue to in short supply, the price of tea in China will go up and somebody will always be complaining on Facebook…

Emlid is a great company, they make excellent products, and they are one of the best investments I’ve ever made.

13 Likes

Agree with the above post :+1:

6 Likes

Well, we’ll just wait until gas prices in the US reach $6 a gallon, then everything else along with it, then we’ll see how we feel about paying more for everything for “whatever” reason that may be, legit or not. Even if you feel the price hike is justified.

Yes, inflation is normal… we all know that… but we are not in a normal time… and hyper-inflation is NOT normal.

There is a real reason for everything that has happened and is currently happening in this world. It’s going to take time to see that, and then we can look back how the world was taken for a ride.

Buckle up.

EDIT:
I do FULLY agree with the value and quality of the EMLID products and eco-system. That isn’t the problem. The problem is far larger and currently out of our control.

3 Likes

Emlid,
Please update your advertising banners over at https://surveyorconnect.com and wherever else.

Pricing is misleading and disappointing after it’s clicked. Still states $1899 for RS2.

FIXED:
RPLS_Banner_gif_5

1 Like

Yeesh, that is one of their distributors. Its not Emlid directly.

Id phone them you might snap up a RS2 at a lower price.

They may have old stock, at the original price.

Also like with cars dealer may sell for less, msrp.

3 Likes

Uh yeah… no… right after the time of the jack up, I went straight to the distributor sites… they got the memo.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.