Emlid rs2 3g sim problem

My new Emlid RS2 has a problem with its own modem, when I turn on the mobile data in the modem option of my EMLID RS2 unit, it suddenly loses 3g connection, it is an intermittent problem. I used the same sim that I used in my base to test if the problem was the sim or the modem. The sim from the base unit was installed at the rover unit and presented the same problem, then it is the modem the one that has a problem. I even did a test with my own mobile sim card and it works at the base unit but not with the rover. How does the warranty covers this issue?

Best regards

Marcelo B

My new Emlid RS2 has the same issue, it suddently loses 3g connection, it is an intermitent problem. I used the same sim that I use in my base to test if the problem was the sim or the modem. The sim from the base unit installed at the rover unit presented the same problem, then it is the modem the one that has a problem.How does the warranty covers this issue?

Best regards

Hi Marcelo,

I’ve replied to the email you sent to our support. Let’s continue the investigation through email to keep everything in one place.

Leaving an update for everyone following this thread. We were in touch with Marcelo over email and it turned out that the issue was in the incorrect APN. Now the mobile data over the SIM card works fine.

2 Likes