Emlid Reach Antenna

Hi,
We use a Tallysman TW4771 as emlid antenna.
We see only 5 gps satellites (with good SNR) with clear sky and 20m from buildings.
And we have not fix solution from Reach.

Have you another antenna choice to gain SNR?

Other question is about the network. We use an unique 192.168.1.*/24 wifi net.
Base and rover is connected to it. We use tcpserver and client to perform rtk on rover)
Sometime one of each item reboots. Had you similar experiences?

Finally, to recompute the solution with RTKPOST (obtaining about the same result as solution from rover), can be used the reference and rover archive from the rover log?
Have to be even used the nav and the sbs file from the rover?

Anyone have a suggestion?

Stefano

By searching this forum for “antenna” if found a few hits. This one might be the best.

Larry

Thank you,
If i buy an TW3740 (33-3740-01-01) i have to use a proper adapter for the Reach module,
Since there are a lot of types and subtypes of RF connector. Can i be sure using connector adapter like the

https://emlid.com/shop/mcx-male-tnc-male-2000mm-cable/

?

Best

Stefano

You can find the information on the Kit antennas connection by looking in the DOCS at the top of this page.

Most dealers will make a custom cable for a Tallysman antenna if you give them length of the cable you need and type of connector you want.

A custom antenna cable is not expensive but it will take extra time to get the antenna.

There are a lot of companies that will sell you a custom cable to adapt to most antenna connection but they are sometimes quite expensive and not necessary. You the adapting cables on Ebay.

Larry

Hi Larry and thank you,
my question was on the TNC Male connector.
I know that there are 2 type of that: with internal male or female feed.
Is your cable that seems to have the internal male feed good to match the Female TNC of the TW3740 (33-3740-01-01)?

Best

Stefano

It’s not easy to get the right adapter cable. You have to carefully look at the specs. I would most likely not guess right the first time I tried. If you look at adapter cables on Ebay, that will help you understand the type of connectors you need.

If you know the length of the cable and connector you want, getting an antenna with a custom cable would be the best way to go.

Larry

@stefano we have this antenna and use it with cable adapter that is available in our shop.