Emlid Flow advance datum transformation

Hello
Is it possible to create custom datum transformation using ntv2 gsb file and geoid grid file? Or is it possible to create 7p+datum grid shift transformation?

Hi @geognss,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, we don’t have the feature to upload grid and geoid files in Emlid Flow. However, you can set up a custom CS if you know its parameters.

The app supports Molodensky (7 transformation parameters) and Molodensky-Badekas (10 transformation parameters) transformations. You can also select one of the Geoid models that we support for your custom CS.

You can read more about it here.

2 Likes

Unfortunately 7P or 10P transformation doesn’t provide sufficient accuracy for larger areas. It would be nice if you could implement e.g. 7P+shift grid in the future. I can help you. Does Emlid Flow support 1021-1027 rtcm coordinate transformation massages?

I understand how uploading a shift grid + specifying transformation parameters for your custom CS can be essential to your workflow. I’ll pass this on to the devs for consideration.

Does Emlid Flow support 1021-1027 RTCM3 coordinate transformation massages?

We currently do not support these RTCM3 messages in Emlid Flow. We’re collecting such requests for consideration, and I’ve added yours as +1.

I’ll let you know once there are any updates on your requests!