EDGE - USB problem

Hi

I hope you can give me advice on a problem with my Emlid EDGE

The FC was purchased 3 weeks ago, mounted on a frame and NEVER made a flight because it was being studied.

Until yesterday, the FC was in perfect dialogue with both QCG and Mission Planner and the connections were in Serial USB but also in UDP via AP Long Range AWUS036ACH (supplied)

Unfortunately since this morning I CANNOT read the FC via USB with Mission Planner (a very important resource because in QGC it is not possible to have the total number of functions)

I tried everything … uninstall MP, Reinstall MP, modify certificates, start it as Administrator, change compatibility, change PC (same problem on other PCs), etc. but the constant is that it no longer opens any COM

When I plug in the USB connector, no Com port appears in the Win10 Tools Manager. Upon insertion, only the BCM2710 Boot driver appears, which I believe is the Raspberry driver (and if I connect the battery, the driver disappears)

In QGC It works only in UDP mode because it uses a point-to-point connection bypassing the USB serial … in MP it does not even work in UDP because it always asks for confirmation of the port (14550) and then returns connection error

I ask for some advice about it; probably need to restore the internal Fw of EDGE but I hope to find a simple tutorial because of Raspberry I do not have a thorough knowledge

Do you have any advice about it?

Thanks

Hello,

Emlid Edge use USB2 (wifi modem) and PC (firmware update). USB1 is not referenced in the documentation for general use.

You can use Serial2ADC for telemetry radio or Serial to USB FTDI adapter (Ground, Rx, Tx) and it is OK at 57600. No setting necessary on the Edge side, you still have to power your Edge via power module.

It is the way to connect your PC and do your settings with Mission Planner if you do not want to use the Wifi link.

hi Marc

Thanks for the reply

For the USB connection to the PC, I use the port identified as a PC on board Emlid Edge.

As I said, from one day to the next I can no longer connect via USB with Mission Planner (while with QGC I go via UDP and therefore I have full management)

However I preferred to manage everything via Mission Planner for bench tests and settings, while QGC is fine on the flight field.

I also tried to flash the firmware but it seems that the USB chipset on the PC board Emlid does not work properly … I’ll make it a reason

The only thing I lose at the end is the calibration of the ESC via Mission Planner but I’ve already done it manually one by one (I hope it’s enough). Unfortunately with QGC for EMLID I don’t have the support for the calibration of the escs

Thanks anyway for your time

Hi @flyant967,

Unfortunately since this morning I CANNOT read the FC via USB with Mission Planner

Edge to Mission Planner connection over USB is not supported. However, you can connect to MP via UDP connection. Here it is described how to do that.

I also tried to flash the firmware but it seems that the USB chipset on the PC board Emlid does not work properly … I’ll make it a reason

Could you please describe this issue in more detail? On which step did you encounter issues?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.