DXF export with pointinformations

Hello
When I export a project as a dxf, only the single point is available in the dxf. Is it possible to export information such as point number, coordinates or date and write it in separate layers?
It would also be cool if a symbol could be given to the point, e.g. an X.
So you can find it better in the CAD or GIS system.
Greetings Andre

1 Like

Hi Andre,

Yes, you’re right. Currently, you can’t save the description when exporting points in DXF from ReachView 3. However, I’m not sure if DXF as a format allows you to save any fields or descriptions. I’ll do a little research and get back to this thread.

Alternatively, you can use CSV or Shapefile. These formats definitely support descriptions.

As for point symbols, we have no plans to add this now. It requires loading additional symbol libraries in ReachView 3, which can slow down the app. You are also correct that this is often used in desktop GIS or CAD programs. Anyway, we’ll consider your request and think about how we can make the application more convenient for you.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. For the export I will switch to the csv. Greetings Andre

1 Like

Hi Andre,

Back to you with some thoughts as I promised :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ve done a little research on the DXF format, and it doesn’t seem possible to add a description at this time. But we will consider other options on how we can implement this in the future.

@elena.riazanova

In my opinion the most crucial information is the description as it’s used for post processing e.g. for determine edges whilst creating DEM.
A simple solution would be to save the description as layer name. For example all collected “manhole_cover” points would be on the corresponding layer. So would be the “curb_low” points.

Hi Hannes,

We have reviewed what can be done with DXF, and now we are going to add the ability to export this format with a description. I can’t promise that such an update will be released soon, but we are already moving in that direction :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi guys,

We’ve just released the new ReachView 3 6.14 with the ability to export a DXF with points’ names and height information! Now you can find it as a separate option in the export menu :tada:

We’d be glad to hear your feedback on it.

2 Likes

OlĂĄ, melhorou muito com essa atualização de informaçÔes com o nome do ponto e infomaçÔes de altura do ponto, porem nĂŁo vem o atributo de DESCRIÇÃO DO PONTO, por exemplo quando se esta coletando pontos em um muro, ou uma arvore etc
 qdo temos muito pontos no levantamento fica muito dificil essa identificação no momento da manipulação dos dados apĂłs a exportação em DXF, sugiro tbm constar esse atributo do ponto coletado, para exportar em DXF

Hi @alan.pizzinato,

Do I get it right that it’d be convenient for you to keep this information separate? As an alternative, I’d suggest adding the specifics from the description to the point name. Would this option work for you?

Also, I’d like to ask you to keep communication on the forum in English. In this case, other users can participate in the discussion as well.

Hi, everyone.
That’s cool.
But,
 for us the “description” would be more important.
We don’t evaluate the height at all.
it would be nice if you could select in RV3 which attribute is also exported.
For the export it would be nice if the font size would be reduced.
maybe 50% or even less.
Instead the point size *10
Currently you have to mark and enlarge all points before they become visible.
Greetings Andre

Hi Andre,

I note your request. Actually, it has already in our future plans. We are considering adding it as a feature code, and I agree it can be a great feature. But now, I can hardly say exactly when it’ll come out.

About this:

I’ve met similar difficulties when working in AutoCAD. It can be annoying, I see you. However, I suppose it depends on how the software displays points. Perhaps this can be set directly in the software. Which one are you working in? I may try to check if it can be changed.

Hello Elena
For me it is no longer important.
I asked when we had loaded a dxf into the GIS.
But now we have set up the import via the csv file.
When I made my comments, I was only thinking of other users.
Greetings Andre

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.