So I have managed to successfully get DroneBridge running on the latest emlid navio2 image. The only problem I’m having is that I can’t seem to get telemetry working over anything but udp. The udp telemetry feed works fine. I’m able to connect via Mission Planner and all is well.
Unfortunately I need a working serial feed of the telemetry data for DroneBridge to display it. I can’t seem to get telemetry working over the Navio2 UART or USB.
I’m hoping someone can help me get unstuck here… DroneBridge is a perfect companion for the Navio2 IMO and I am so close to getting it all working.
Hardware and config details below.
What I have tried:
- First, I tried using “socat” to create virtual ports for DroneBridge to talk to ardupilot on. No luck there.
- Next I ordered 2 USB to TTL modules and tried:
- first hooking them both to the Pi and each other and set ardupilot to output to /dev/ttyUSB0 (param: -C /dev/ttyUSB0); set DroneBridge to /dev/ttyUSB1, tried every baud rate from 1200 to 115200 - no luck.
- then tried hooking the Navio2 UART to one of the USB to TTL modules (on the Pi), all bauds, no luck
- decided maybe Dronebridge doesn’t like the data/format or something so connected to my (Windows) laptop via the 2 USB to TTL modules and attempted to connect to Mission Planner. I also tried connecting to the Navio2 UART (connected to the USB to TTL on the Windows PC). At 115200 baud it seemed to connect but it failed pulling parameters (again, this works fine if I open the UDP port with Mission Planner)
- I also tried using an old telemetry modem with no luck - though I’m not 100% sure that device still works and currently don’t have the right plug to test it on an Arducopter (android) device I have.
One other thing to note, I can get DroneBridge to pull telemetry from my Arducopter (android) device over usb (device shows up as /dev/ttyACM0).
Here is my hardware:
- Raspberry Pi 4
- Pi camera
- Panda Wireless PAU09 (DroneBridge compatible wifi adapter- rt2800usb driver)
- Power is being supplied to the Navio2/Pi via the power port on the Navio2, for testing I’m running off a 12V 1.5amp power supply
- Additional power is supplied to the WiFi card via a split USB cable
- Was running latest ardupilot in emlid image (v4.0.?) but updated it to latest beta trying to resolve this issue, didn’t help. Now running ArduCopter V4.0.6-rc1 (cc1f9a4b)
- emlidtool - 1.0.8
- Kernel: 4.19.127-emlid-v7l+
- RCIO firmware: 0xb9064332