Does the Reach M+ work with PixRacer with PX4 firmware?

I am in the middle of considering RTK solutions for a UAV where I will need cm level accuracy. So far the combination of Reach RS+ (Base Station) and Reach M+ (Rover) looks the most attractive to me.

What I’m worried about is the software support of the Reach M+ on Pixhawk hardware

1. From a brief search in the Emlid documentation the closest thing I have found is that while Reach M+ can be connected to an old Pixhawk 1.0 via the “Serial 4 / 5” port (see here), there is no mention of newer Pixhawk hardware, e.g. Pixhawk 4, Pixracer etc… So do I just plug the Reach M+ to any available serial port on any version of Pixhawk?

2. So far, it seems as though the Reach M+ is only supported on the Ardupilot flight stack rather than the PX4 flight stack?

Was wondering if someone could give me a more concrete answer of what Pixhawk autopilot (hardware and software stack) I need to make it work with the Reach M+?

Hi @Christopher_Choi,

What’s the PixHawk version you use? For example, you can connect Reach M+ to PixHawk 4 this way:

If you’re going to use PixHawk with ArduPilot, it works just fine with Reach M+.

As far as I know, PX4 supports NMEA input, so they should work together. However, we don’t have any guides or tutorials about it.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.