DJI Phantom 4 RTK with D-RTK 2 base Station + RS2 as Rover

If you want to cast your base to the rover then you will need service for both. I don’t know what the service quality is where you are, but I would entertain using the devices you have that can hotspot before purchasing dedicated service. You have to be careful where you set your base anyways so a small hotspot in the vicinity would be as safe as the base. It could be hidden more easily though. :wink: I then use my phone hotspot for the rover. Works great and I really only pay for one extra service that I can then run my laptop or other device off of.

Hi Michael,
I am still in able to get corrections from the Emlid caster. If I am doing something wrong I can not see what.
If I understand correctly I should be able to see corrections in the Status window (in grey).
Currently I am just setup by a window and I am getting about 8 signals from 1 RS2. The status window says this is on the Rover. I am not sure what dictate it is that?
I have tried the Emlid caster credentials in Base Mode and Correction input but with no success.
Any clues?
Or am I completely wrong and require a local NTRIP provider?

Checklist for the RS2 base and the D-RTK 2 as the rover.

You have internet access on both devices?

You entered the Emlid Caster credentials into the Base Mode Corrections output NTRIP pane?

The D-RTK 2 is in Operating Mode 3?

You entered the Emlid Caster credentials into the D-RTK 2?

Dear @james.barnes,
I had some experience with P4 RTK and DRTK 2. So far I found, DRTK 2 and Phantom 4 does not need any direct connection for RTK Fixing ! Its the Controller that connects them. The DJI pilot has the correction settings inside the software and the rtk corrections are send to P4 by the controller. Probably the DRTK 2 and P4 controller arrangements are radio-linked. But U can use your RS2 as base and have rtk fixed by using NTRIP caster. all u need is put the base in NTRIP caster mood and in DJI pilot app u will see a custom network in RTK settings, put the NTRIP information there and u are good to go. Remember, u need to put a internet SIM inside the DJI dangle that goes inside the P4 controller. the controller needs internet to receive the NTRIP correction.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.