DJI Phantom 4 PRO RTK SDK version and RS2

Hello all,

I am planning to acquire a DJI phantom RTK for mapping seagrasses. It is compact and relatively inexpensive so I feel OK flying over the water compared to my other drones in the 40 to 180K range.

As you know, DJI came up with an SDK version of the remote and this is the one I am willing to buy because a lot of issues with the built in display.

My question is: based on the youtube video “mapping with reach RS2 and DJI phantom RTK”. Will everything stated in the video work with the SDK remote and using an Ipad?

Am I limited to the use of the GSRTK to use the Emlid Caster and fly RTK? GSRTK came as a standard with the built in display of the original remote control of the P4P RTK.

Would GSpro work as well? Not sure.

What is the best app to use?

Thank you all,

1 Like

The Phantom 4 RTK SDK RC opens the system a little bit but people are still having trouble getting it to consistently work with 3rd party flight apps. The base program should remain the same so you can fly as you have been and connect the RS2 via caster and NTRIP. Go to the Emlid forum and support pages for how this is done.

http://community.emlid.com

Hi @hydrocynus,

Can’t really help you with the DJI configurations here. I can only back up Michael’s answer in one thing: if you use the GS RTK with your Reach RS2, you can definitely connect to Reach RS2. This workflow is described in our DJI Phantom RTK and Reach RS2 base integration. We’ll be happy to help with the Reach’s side of things in it!

1 Like

Hello all, I have bought the DJI RTK SDK version as planned and I did not have time to test it but I am planning on using it this upcoming week. I did not buy the DJI base station since I have two RS2. I have read the workflow using emlid caster and sky controller to fly RTK but with the SDK controller one cannot install the DJI GS RTK app on their tablet (Android or ios). My only option is, DJI pilot for Android and GS pro for iOS. I read that GS pro does not create a folder for PPK corrections and thus I am left with the Android option. However, is it possible to receive ntrip corrections with DJI pilot and fly RTK? I also think that UGCS has an app for the DJI PRO RTK, but I am unsure if it works with emlid RS2. I don’t mind doing PPK, but RTK allows for a more stable flight.

I suppose I can buy a sky controller but it is buggy and not very good to use per my reading.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @hydrocynus,

To be honest, I didn’t work with DJI apps a lot. That’s why I can hardly help you with questions about their features. ​But I believe that DJI support can shed light on it.

Or probably DJI users from our forum can share some thoughts.

When you say SDK controller that is actually the standalone RC that uses a mobile device. The one with the built-in screen is the + model and cannot install 3rd party apps. I have seen people port Pix4D from an APK built it is hit or miss whether or not it will allow the drone to run a mission.

Regardless you should be able to cast an RS2 to the Phantom. It will not work with a local radio connection. You can RTK but I would suggest always running the logs on both the drone and the RS2 at the same time so that you can have a backsight in case some goes wrong with the RTK.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.