DJI Mavic 2 Ent Adv NTRIP stream

HI,
I want to use an RS+ or RS2 to setup a local base station with NTRIP output to use with a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced with RTK.

Does anyone know if this drone requires single or multiband RTK correction data? (the DJI Phantom 4 requires multiband, so I would think the Mavic would be the same.)

TIA!

Hi John,

I’ve found this Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced User Manual. Looks like your assumption is correct: the RTK module is multi-band. So, you’ll need a Reach RS2 base.

1 Like

Hi @kseniia.suzdaltseva
I missed the specs in the appendix, thank you!

1 Like

Hi @kseniia.suzdaltseva

One more question: Can I use Reach M2 as RTK base via ReachView3?

If close enough, I will connect base M2 to NTRIP, and broadcast NTRIP stream via app to DJI controller. If we are far out in the bush, I will use M2 as standalone base and stream NTRIP via app to DJI controller.

Thanks!

You can, yes.

Hi John,

Agree with Christian: Reach M2 is multi-band, so it should work well as a base for your drone.

Though, it can be a bit tricky to set it up this way. That’s why we usually recommend Reach RS2: it has a survey thread, internal battery, and GNSS antenna, so it’s much easier to keep it on a tripod. Also, an RS2 base has additional protection from harsh weather conditions, while Reach M2 hasn’t.

1 Like

Is there already a guide for the actual software setup for the DJI RTK drones in place?

Thanks @kseniia.suzdaltseva, RS2 would be a better choice, but funding is limited.

@wizprod thanks for the feedback. We will connect the M2 to mobile device with Reachview3 app, and create a local NTRIP output via wifi hotspot. DJI controller connects to the wifi and we then have RTK NTRIP base for the drone.

2 Likes

Christian,

Yep, here’s our guide about Reach RS2 and DJI RTK integration. It shows how to set up both Reach and drone for a flight. The guide describes the integration with Phantom 4 RTK, but I think the process should be similar for other DJI RTK drones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.