Differences in terms of precesion RTK and Static

Hi, I recently purchased 2 emid reach rs2. Working with them has been great on RTK, but lately, we have been trying to do a survey of 2 static points with at least 90 minutes of observation, is there a way that we can measure this time straight?

Another thing is what are the differences for errors between doing with RTK and static in terms of precision?

And if I do the post-processing on emlid studio, is there a way to know the precision of that point?

3 Likes

Hi Carlos. In addition to your question, I add that before some firmware actualizations, the RS2 had the ability to the operator can choose RTK or Static. Today, this option do not it is available, only RTK. When do you make an static observation, do you are secure that this observation is in static mode???

do enough with set up average single in base settins to the base understand it is an static observation??

Regards.

I did 2 point, trying to be “static” using the proyect section on emlid flow, but when i upload the raw data on other software such as TBC, in the properties in survey mode it show “stop and go”. I was able to get fixed but not to much accuracy more than 5cm overall.

I try something else with other raw data, i haven’t tested yet. In the record part on emlid flow, just let the emlid collect data, without going to the proyect part, and then when i upload that data on tbc it show that it was a static survey.

I have to test it on the field, i will do it maybe this end of the week

1 Like

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to our community!

I’m glad to hear that you like to use our devices!

we have been trying to do a survey of 2 static points with at least 90 minutes of observation, is there a way that we can measure this time straight?

Could you elaborate a bit more on your question? We have a similar feature in Emlid Flow. You can split your logs with a specific time interval, but you can only select from whole hour options. To do this, in Emlid Flow, go to the Logging tab → Logging Settings (blue gear icon) → Common Settings → Split logs interval. But based on our recommendation for Static processing, it should be enough to record a log for about an hour.

Another thing is what are the differences for errors between doing with RTK and static in terms of precision?

With RTK FIX you should get H:7mm+1ppm V:14mm+1ppm precision and with Static processing, these values are H:4mm+0.5ppm V:8mm+1ppm. But it’s important to know that your experience may vary in different conditions and depends on your baseline.

And if I do the post-processing on emlid studio, is there a way to know the precision of that point?

In Emlid Studio, you can only see Single, Float and FIX solution statuses. If you can achieve FIX with the Static Processing, you should get the same precision what I described above.

1 Like

Hi Zoltan.

Can you tell me more about those specific conditions? about ours, we had a clear sky, no trees, no buildings, and either electric towers. But is there a way to get a report about the post-processing, so I can see the rms on Vertical, and Horizontal, or if there is another service, no problem if is paid, we would like to know.

Trying to elaborate more on the question. We tried to measure those 2 points on static logs all the time in 1hz, after doing it, we changed to rtk (there was internet there), and when we compared the static and the rtk the differences were too much.
These are the comparative between the static and rtk. We did 2 observations of the same point, the first 2 columns are for the PC-01 and the other for the PC-02

X Y Z
(0.08) 0.12 0.01

(0.07) 0.13 0.01

(0.07) 0.08 (0.13)

(0.06) 0.09 (0.11)

More details about, the nearest cors about 16km, we used the same to do the rtk and static.
I will share the points that we survey.

Will upload the raw data and tell me what you do so we can try it here?

Thanks for the reply

Points static

Hi Carlos,

Sorry, it took me so long to reply. Your conditions and baseline look fine to me. I checked your uploaded folder, and I’d like to compare the two methods to see what’s causing the difference. Only rover’s logs are in the folder? Could you also upload your base’s logs? In this way, I would replicate your Static processing. Could you also upload the RTK points in CSV format? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Zoltan

I just upload those files you asked

@caI just want to let you know we don’t forget your case. I’m still working on it and will need slightly longer than anticipated to send you a comprehensive response.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.