Difference Types for Base and Rover

I have a different type of unit
RS and RS+, for now we use RS+ as Base and Rs as Rover … is this combination correct?

Another question, I’m from Indonesia, according to the location it seems like using Beidou, but sometimes we think Glonass is more agile … are there any wrong settings?

I would run the RS+ as a rover sheerly because it is newer and if they have made any improvements since the RS you will benefit in more congested areas. The base just sits there.

What constellations to use is totally up to not only your area, but that day and time. Look at the status bar graph each day before you decide what you are going to run. In my area of the US for example Beidou is not supposed to be a good option, but I find many times that it is better than GLONASS.

3 Likes

thank you … :pray: :ok_hand:
I will try

I once used the RS as a base and the RS + as a rover, which happened to hangs (it might be hot because it has been going on all day and into the night) …

2 Likes

Hi @echoxs ,

I have a different type of unit RS and RS+, for now we use RS+ as Base and Rs as Rover … is this combination correct?

Reach RS+ and Reach RS are fully compatible with each another. The difference between the Reach RS and Reach RS+ is the processor inside. Reach RS has an Intel Edison processor, RS+ has Neutis N5. You can read more about it here: Reach RS and Reach Have Been Updated.

Another question, I’m from Indonesia, according to the location it seems like using Beidou, but sometimes we think Glonass is more agile … are there any wrong settings?

As Michael has mentioned, the choice of the satellite systems depends solely on your region and the time of the day you decide to run your tests. Before going on a mission, you can check the availability of satellites with any GNSS predicting tools, like GNSS-Radar or GNSS Mission Planning.

I once used the RS as a base and the RS + as a rover, which happened to hangs (it might be hot because it has been going on all day and into the night) …

Would you mind elaborating on the issue you’ve experienced with Reach RS+? Did the unit stop responding during the survey?

3 Likes

thank you for the information, very useful

we once used RS as Base and RS + as rover …
we surveyed the longitudinal relay system alternating RS + and RS as the base and rover …
at one time the position of the RS as a Base suddenly there was no response, we took the initiative of RS + As Base and RS As Rover and finally the problem did not arise again …

However we still need technical information, whether we should RS + Or RS As Rover if using different types of equipment like this

I think with the complete compatibility that it may not matter unless you are logging at a really high rate >= 10hz and maybe moving very quickly as if maybe from a vehicle or similar.

2 Likes

Hi @echoxs,

at one time the position of the RS as a Base suddenly there was no response, we took the initiative of RS + As Base and RS As Rover and finally the problem did not arise again …

Let us know if the issue persists, we’ll need additional details for investigation.

However we still need technical information, whether we should RS + Or RS As Rover if using different types of equipment like this

As Michael mentioned, there should be no issues in using these units interchangeably.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.