DHHN2016 height correction gone on Reachview 3

Maybe my previous post to the thread: Reachview 3 is out was overlooked so I apologize for repeating it here:

I’ve used the Beta before and was already very content, esp. with the ability to select the coordinate system and the height. I tried the new not beta and was disappointed because when selecting the right coordinate system for me in Bavaria, Germany, which is ETRS89 UTM Nord 32 or 33, the height system DHHN2016 is gone. It was previously available in the beta. Having looked around my measurements I discovered that DHHN2016 was gone between the 8. and 10. December 2020.
Having the right coordinate system and the height will save a lot of time for post processing which is obsolete then! So I would be very glad to have the appropriate height correction again.
TIA
Heinrich

2 Likes

Hi Heinrich,

We’ve removed this vertical datum temporarily and will return it in the future again. At the moment, its support requires some reworking.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! I’ll wait for it with impatience as will all the other users in Germany :wink:

Regards,
Heinrich

3 Likes

Thank you. Good to know. Me too is waiting for DHHN2016 Heights.

3 Likes

Any news on that? I purchased the Reach RS2 some weeks ago and now that it has arrived I was very disappointed that DHHN2016 heights were gone… Is there an ETA when it will be back or at least when it’s possible to import our own file probably?

3 Likes

Hi @geoeki,

We’re in touch with the BKG department now to bring the datum support back. It’s one of our main tasks. The time frame depends on the BKG as well, but we hope to return it soon.

3 Likes

Hi to all my German colleagues,
in the meantime, how does your postprocessing workflow to DHHN2016 look like?
Best regards,
Simon

2 Likes

Hi there,

Just to want to post an update in this thread as well: we’ve returned DHHN2016 support to ReachView 3. Please update the app to the latest version to make it available. Let us know if you face any difficulties.

4 Likes