CSV file explained

Hi,
i am not surveyor but I do process photogrammetry data and learning. I received csv file from RS2+ unit, which was used to take GCPs. I could use short explanation of all fields, especially on which coordinates to use for GCPs.
Also, is this final data or it needs processing?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @GoBi, welcome to the community!

The easting, northing, and elevation on the left table are the corrected positions on the local coordinate system. Meanwhile, the longitude, latitude, and ellipsoidal height are the corrected positions in the global coordinate system

The RMS values are the square root of the average of the squared error. The RMS calculations here are used to evaluate the accuracy of the position measurement.

PDOP describes the error caused by the relative position of the GPS/GNSS satellites. In your picture, it is 1.5, which is good and indicates good satellite geometry.

You can use the correction position as GCP for further processing, as I also see you’ve achieved a FIX with good accuracy.

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks.
I have 2 more questions.

1. Averaging start and end was only 1-2 seconds for all GCPs, and still rms was low. I thought more time was required to get this accuracy. Could you explain this, and give me idea on how much time should each gcp be measured?

2. I am confused by +NN2000 height part, is that related to geoid height which is just additional data to UTM for ellipsoid?

1 Like

Hi @GoBi,

Do I understand correctly that you use the RTK method for this? If Reach calculates Fix, the estimated accuracy will be pretty high even without averaging. However, averaging helps minimize distortions such as pole tilting.

We can’t be sure the pole is perfectly aligned at point collection, so it’s better to keep it at 5-10 seconds.

The +NN2000 height is the information of the vertical datum that is used.

1 Like