Could .csv export include CRS and datum

Hi,

We have several RS2 and are really enjoying them. These are shared among our staff and not allocated to any one person.

Could the .csv export be modified to include CRS and datum? The Eastings and Northings themselves are not meaningful without this information.

While the chosen datum is readily available in the app the output .csv files are quickly independent of this.

I expect maybe the shapefile export solves this - have not tested it but presumably has the CRS baked into it - we find the .csv more accessible to a wider range of users.

We are in Australia where MGA94 and MGA2020 are competing while being very similar.

Thoughts invited.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @RussellGrew,

Thanks for your feedback and the feature request. It’s always valuable to learn more about your experience with our receivers. It helps us figure out what we can do better :slight_smile:

I think I understand what you mean. When you have coordinates of the points, you also need to know their coordinate system. Yeah, it’s essential. So having this info directly in the CSV file should be quite convenient.

I’ll note your request and pass it to the team to check if we can implement this feature.

Oh, you know, I’ve decided to do a short test and upload the SHP file from ReachView 3 to the QGIS app. And QGIS has successfully read the coordinate system of the project. So it indeed may be a solution.

2 Likes

Hi @RussellGrew,

We’ve discussed your request within the team and now want to understand if there are any requirements for this data format. Do you need the info about the project’s coordinate system in a CSV file just for yourself, or it’s needed to be uploaded to the 3rd-party software?

Perhaps, you can also share an example of how you want this data to be organized in a CSV. It would be quite valuable for us!

Thanks @julia.shestakova

I am thinking that the .csv file which ReachView 3 presently exports could include additional columns. A new Column D could be for the EPSG code or description of the Easting and Northing coordinate system (eg: “GDA94 / MGA zone 56”), and the same following the Elevation column for vertical datum (eg: “AHD height”) . Presently this information is chosen by the user when creating a survey project.

I hope this helps.

@RussellGrew,

Yep, I got it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :slight_smile:

Now we can be sure that we understand your request right.

1 Like

Hi Russell,

Good news! Since the 6.13 version, the ReachView 3 app outputs a project’s CS in CSV files. The update is already available in Google Play and App Store, so you can give it a try :slight_smile:

The new version works great.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.