Consider adding % ephemeris in head section of the .pos file

It would be nice to know which ephemeris was used by Emlid Studio; e.g., broadcast, rapid, precise, etc.

Could this be considered? - Adding % ephemeris: in head section of the .pos file

Can you even use precise ephemerides in Emlid Studio ? I don’t think so.

1 Like

@Florian - Good question Florian. I only have assumed that .sp3 files could be used in Emlid Studio v1.5 since they can be used in the underlying RTKLIB. A search for the term ‘sp3’ in the RTKLIB manual v2.4.2 finds 27 results. I haven’t tried it yet in Emlid Studio.

That said, it’s unknown whether the Emlid developers have extended (or are planning to extend) the ability to use precise orbital data, or for that matter the ability to fetch such files; e.g.,

Apparently, we cannot simply consider adding .sp3 in lieu of the broadcast nav file:

Maybe that might be considered by Emlid developers moving forward?

Indeed, there is no interface in Emlid Studio to add a SP3 file yet.

Just as a note. The SP3 file, if the feature was enabled, would be added alongside the nav file and not as a substitute. You need both of these files to run the baseline computation.

1 Like

Yes, as in RTKPOST. Thank you @Florian!

Are you an RTKLib user? Is so, which version/ flavor of RTKLib are you using?

A couple of years ago, I played around with processing GNSS.obs collected on my phone which at that time was a Samsung Galaxy A71, using the different forks that were available at that time.

I recall being frustrated whenever instances of error popups were saying things that weren’t in English and which glyphs weren’t searchable/ translatable character strings; for example:

I hope to be testing the Emlid RX and a couple of RS2+ units soon and may need to get back into RTKLib.

I’m surprised that given all of the forum postings centered on RTKLib, that there isn’t a Category expressly named RTKLib rather than ending up with RTKLib-centric posts scattered under several categories; or maybe I’m missing something?

Not a big user but played around quite a few times. I have v2.4.2 on my PC and I use STRSVR the most. Not even RTKPOST. I do a lot of post-processing though - PPK and PPP depending on the area, for my customers, and I use a high-grade software called WaSoft, sometimes in combination with Emlid Studio on some baselines, as a control.

I did a few geodetic network computations with data coming from RS2+ units and this was really good, like sub-centimeter accuracy overall, after constraint adjustment.

My guess is that RTKlib not being an Emlid product / service, it is not pushed to be a dedicated category.

Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to confirm that adding precise ephemerides is not supported now. Still, you can get absolute accuracy just with the raw data. For that, you need to add the accurate coordinates of the base in Emlid Studio.

I’m surprised that given all of the forum postings centered on RTKLib, that there isn’t a Category expressly named RTKLib rather than ending up with RTKLib-centric posts scattered under several categories; or maybe I’m missing something?

We recommended using RTKLib before we created our own post-processing software. That’s why some of the old topics cover RTKLib processing. Now we recommend Emlid Studio as an easier and more convenient way to do PPK.

2 Likes